Status: Up and Running Again

Moved To Fast

Moved To Fast: Chapter 7

CHAPTER 7:

“Ok so we are here at the boardwalk, now what?”

“Come with me.” He said as he grabbed me by the hand and pulled me along past all the rides and stands and for some unknown reason nobody was here, it was quiet too quiet. We turned a corner and there was the biggest banner ever which read Happy Birthday Marisa!

“Surprise! Happy Birthday Marisa!” shouted everybody with the biggest smiles on their faces.

I suddenly realised, today was my birthday and that also ment that today was the one year anniversary of Logan’s death.

“I...uh...I...” I stuttered as I looked around at all the faces. “I...I have to go.” I turned around and ran feeling the wooden planks of the boardwalk underneath me as I sprinted as fast as I could. The bright lights of the rides and the stalls blurring past me. When I reached the end of the pier I jumped off and the texture beneath my shoes changed as I landed on the soft golden sand. I didn’t stop then, I kept on running till I reached the ocean where I just collapsed into the sand with the taste of fresh teardrops and the salty sea breeze on my lips as the first signs of the sunset showed.

Why did he have to go, why didn’t I realise that he would do something like that, god I missed Logan so much. He was the one person who made everything worthwhile in my life.

“Hey...”

I looked up and there was Alex and we just shared this telepathic connection which made me stand up and fall into his arms. We just stood there with my head burried into his chest as my tears stained his Glamour Kills shirt while the sun setted behind us.

After what seemed like forever, but a good forever we pulled apart and I looked up into his eyes.

“Thank you Alex.”

“Your welcome. Do you want to talk about it?”

“Umm...”

“Its ok if you dont.”

“No I think I do...”

“When you guys left I thought oh yea I’ll see them in summer, but I didn’t as you and I both know...” He cringed when I said that last statement but I continued. “So I became slightly depressed and just hung around, during the summer I had to go to this music camp/school thing where I met Logan, he was a singer, guitarist and played piano as well. He was a lot like you guys in some ways but different in so many too. We started hanging out at lunch times and stuff where we would just talk or mess around writing lyrics and making up songs wand stuff. He would also sing me songs he performed with his band ‘Saving Angels’. Even after the camp was over we still hung out and everything, I went see his shows, we went to the shops, movies and everything and we became the best of friends. We told each other everything. Then one night when we sitting on the beach after one of his shows he said he had something important to tell me... He had leukemia, he didn’t want to tell me earlier because he thought it might kill our friendship or something. I asked him so many questions that night, specially about why he didn’t want to take treatment. He said he hated what it made him and he just wanted to live as long as he could on basic medication whithout having surgeries and chemo. After that we became a lot closer and we started going out. One night at one of his shows he was in the middle of a song when all of a sudden he just collapsed. After that everything happened so fast and before I knew it we were at the hospital. He was in a coma for four days before he died. We all thought it was from the leukemia but later we found out it wasn’t. Logan overdosed himself on his medication and ended his life.”

“Marisa, I’m so sorry, I know you’ve heard it all before and everything but I really am.”

“But I could’ve realised Alex, I should’ve realised, we told each other everything. It was the whole prospect of that and I should’ve known, I could’ve stopped him.”

“I could’ve realised Alex, I should’ve realised, we told each other everything. It was the whole prospect of that and I should’ve known, I could’ve stopped him.”

“Shh... There was nothing you could do.”

“Thank you Alex.” I said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I leaned into him.

“You know I’m always here for you Marisa, no matter what happens.”