Status: Up and Running Again

Moved To Fast

Moved To Fast: Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8:

“Ok now for the first song of tonight is gonna be ‘The Beach’ since we are at the beach and blah blah blah” said Alex into the mic.

The guitars started and I lost myself in the music as the band played along on the stage. After our long dnm we came back and nobody said a word about what happened because they all relised what had happened. Then finally Jack came up to me and dragged me to the food table where I saw the most amazing birthday cake ever. It was pale, peachy pink with delicate roses and was vanilla. I had the biggest smile on my face as I cut the cake with my family and friends crowded around me singing happy birthday. After that we cranked up some music and had the whole boarwalk with the rides and everything to ourselves. We went crazy taking so many ridiculous photos, playing games, screaming insanely loudly on the rollercoaster. Then finally the band said they were gonna put on a little show and thats where we are now.

“Showing off, showing off our teeth” sang Zack as the last few chords played of the song.

“Woooohhhhh.” Screamed the crowd clapping and laughing at the same time.

“Now the next song is going to be Remembering Sunday and to make the song as amazing as possible I believe Marisa should be up here singing it with me.” Said Alex into the mike as he looked straight at me.

I looked around suddenly nervous as to why he chose me to sing with him.

“Go.” Said Nat as she shoved me towards the stage.

“Wooohhhhh Go Risa!” shouted Jack and everybody cracked up laughing.

“Risa you know the words?”

“Yep... Always have.” I replied with the slightest boost of confidence.

“Ok here you go.” He grabbed two stools one for him and one for me.

“Ready?” He asked looking up at me with his fingers in place on his guitar.

“Ready,” I replied.

He started playing the introduction and I just lost myself in the music.

“He woke up from dreaming and put on his shoes
Started making his way past 2 in the morning
He hasn't been sober for days

Leaning now into the breeze
Remembering Sunday, he falls to his knees
They had breakfast together
But two eggs don't last
Like the feeling of what he needs

Now this place seems familiar to him
She pulled on his hand with a devilish grin
She led him upstairs, she led him upstairs
Left him dying to get in

Forgive me, I'm trying to find
My calling, I'm calling at night
I don't mean to be a bother,
But have you seen this girl?
She's been running through my dreams
And it's driving me crazy, it seems
I'm going to ask her to marry me

Even though she doesn't believe in love,
He's determined to call her bluff
Who could deny these butterflies?
They're filling his gut

Waking the neighbors, unfamiliar faces
He pleads though he tries
But he's only denied
Now he's dying to get inside

Forgive me, I'm trying to find
My calling, I'm calling at night
I don't mean to be a bother,
But have you seen this girl?
She's been running through my dreams
And it's driving me crazy, it seems
I'm going to ask her to marry me

The neighbors said she moved away
Funny how it rained all day
I didn't think much of it then
But it's starting to all make sense
Oh, I can see now that all of these clouds
Are following me in my desperate endeavor
To find my whoever, wherever she may be,” he finised off looking into my eyes the whole time.

I took a deap breath and started singing.
“I'm not coming back (forgive me)
I've done something so terrible
I'm terrified to speak (I'm not calling, I'm not calling)
But you'd expect that from me
I'm mixed up, I'll be blunt, now the rain is just (You're driving me crazy, I'm)
Washing you out of my hair and out of my mind
Keeping an eye on the world,
From so many thousands of feet off the ground, I'm over you now
I'm at home in the clouds, and towering over your head” I sang with confidence that I hadn’t seen in myself in years.

“Well I guess I'll go home now...
I guess I'll go home now...
I guess I'll go home now...
I guess I'll go home” he finished the song playing the last few chords.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw everybody stand up in standing ovation clapping as loud as they could. But the centre of my attention at the moment was Alexander William Gaskarth. We stared into each other’s eyes forever and it was one of those unexplainable moments of eye contact that is immediately overanalyzed and inevitably misread. I just couldn’t shake the feeling of what just happened.