Dead on Arrival

This is the End (For You My Friend)

"Wake up my dear. You need to get ready for today." Jasper told me while rubbing my back.

"It wasn't a nightmare was it?" I asked praying that the previous day was just a cruel trick by my subconscious.

"I wish I could tell you that it was."

"So do I." I said as I got up. I picked out my formal clothes for the funeral. After I showered and straightened my hair I went back into my room and noticed that Jasper was ready as well.

"Come on, we need to be there in an hour."

"Then it's time to go." I said as we walked out of the house. We reached the funeral faster then I wanted.

"Ready?" Jasper asked.

"Nope, let's go." I replied as I got out of the car.

We walked to the funeral home and I took a deep breath before entering.

"Piper there you are! I was worried you wouldn't get here soon enough! I wanted to give you a chance to see Hayden alone for the last time." Ava told me.

"Thanks Ava." I said as she lead me to a room with an open coffin.

"I'll come back when we need to start." Then she left me alone.

I slowly walked over to the coffin and looked inside. There was my Hayden. He looked like an angel, so handsome and serene.

"Hayden how did this happen?" I asked as I caressed the side of his face. I longed to see his beautiful eyes open again. To see the way they lit up when he smiled.

"A piece of me will always be with you, my heart is forever yours." I said as I took in his familiar features for the last time.

"I love you Hayden." Then I leaned over his coffin and kissed him. I tired to hold back the sudden tears but it was hard trying not to cry. I held his hand trying to remember all the good times we've had together. Then I heard the footsteps.

"Piper, the service is about to start." Ava told me when she walked in.

"Okay." I said as I slowly laid his hand back down. Letting go of his hand was near impossible. I didn't want to ever have to let him go.

The service was difficult to sit through. His family told stories about him, most of which I had heard before. After that we all went out to his gravesite. Some of our friends, including Jasper, and his family got to be pallbearers. They said a final prayer at his resting place then they all walked away, back to the cars.

"How are you doing?" Jasper asked with Ava at his side.

"I'm not sure. Can I have a minute alone please?" I asked them.

"Sure thing." Then they walked away. I walked closer to the coffin and gravestone. I ran my hand over the smooth surface, then read his gravestone. I looked back towards the coffin and said:

"Know that you will always be in my heart and never be forgotten."

Now was the hardest part. I watched Hayden's coffin get lowered into his final resting place.

"Goodbye my love, someday we will be together at last." Then I turned and walked away from the cemetary.

The End
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes this is the end.
I doubt that it will ever be contiued, but as those of you who read I Never Thought It'd Be This Way you know that what i think will happen and what ends up happening are two different things.
Thanks for reading and PLEASE comment!

xo
Em Misfit