Status: In progress :)

When You're Gone

Chapter Eight

I'm standing in the hallway, ditching class. To talk to a girl who's supposedly dead.

Something is incredibly wrong with this picture.

Kylie looks behind me and tells me to walk in the direction of class, so - actually trusting her word - I do what she asks and watch as the principle walks by, greeting me kindly. I almost asked why he wasn't afraid to see a ghost walking next to me, but then I realized that I was the only one who could actually see her.

After the principle disappeared around a corner, I stopped walking, but kept staring straight ahead.

"Is something wrong?" Kylie asks, stepping into my line of vision. I never really every noticed what she looked like, until now...and I suddenly wished that I would have enjoyed knowing her before she died.

"Obviously," I snap, "I'm having a conversation with someone's who's dead."

She frowned. "Sorry...If it really bothers you, I'll go." Kylie started to turn, but I grabbed her arm and the same electric shock from before jolted my system. Her eyes widened and I snatched my hand back, feeling my cheeks burn and looking at the maroon lockers to my right.

Something was going on, and I wasn't sure I wanted to hang around to find out.

But the tingling still running through my fingers kept me planted in this hallway, with her.

And right now...I didn't want to leave.