Status: check out the sequel. (:

A Summer to Remember

Dix.

When I woke up in the morning, Zach was gone. I got up, took a shower, and put on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. When I went downstairs, Zach was already up, talking to my mom. When he saw me come into the room, he smiled.

"Hey sleepyhead," he said to me. "Sleep good?" he asked winking at me.

"I slept like a rock last night" I replied, and went into the kitchen to find something to eat.

"No, no, no. No cereal for you. We are going out for breakfast. My treat. No whining, no excuses." Zach told me.

"Fineeeee. At least let me dry my hair first." I said.

"Sarah! Can I talk to you for a few minutes?" my mom called out. I walked over to her, and she took me outside.

"Honey, are you and Zach dating? " She asked me.

"No, mom. We are just friends. He is just here visiting me." I replied.

"Okay, but I can see that he really likes you. And you really like him. So be careful okay?" she warned me.

"Okaayy, mom. Zach and I are going out for breakfast, so we will be back later." I told her.
I walked back inside, and I went up to my room. I dried my brown hair in ten minutes, and changed my shirt into something less casual. I walked back downstairs, and tried to find Zach.

"Zach! Where are you?" I called out into the house. All of the sudden, hands grabbed me from behind and hugged me. "Well, now that I know where you are, shall we go?" I asked.

"And We're off!" Zach announced when we walked out the door. Since neither of us had a car, we decided to walk down into the little town I live in to go eat in the diner. Susie Q's has been around for ages, and served the classic, greasy diner food one would expect.

When we walked in, we were immediately seated in a booth.

"So, Sarah, what do you recommend? " he asked me.

"Well, everything here is pretty much the same. All fattening, and greasy. So everything is good." I said.

Our waitress came, and I ordered scrambled eggs with bacon, hash browns, and a glass of milk. Zach ordered the same thing except with coffee.

"So, what should we do today?" he asked me.

"Uhm. I have no idea," I admitted. "Honestly, there isn't a whole lot of things to do here. We could steal my mom's car and drive to the mall."

"Mall sounds good, but let's not steal, we can politely ask." he said sternly. "I want to make a good impression on her, not make her think I'm some crazy person."

"I think it's a little late for that," I joked with him.

"Uh! I'm offended!" he gasped. I started a game of footsie with him when our food arrived. We ate quickly, then left Susie Q's.

"Come on, let's take the long way home." I suggested. I grabbed his hand, and we started walking down the street. By the time we got back to my house, it was noon.

I walked inside, and called out "Mom! Where are you?" I found her in the laundry room, sewing.

"Is it cool if Zach and I take your car to the mall?" I asked her.

"Yeah, sure, just be back before dinner!" she said.

"Thanks mom, your the best!" I said.

"Be safe!" my mom warned. I laughed at her classic warning, and went downstairs to find Zach. I found him in my room, playing my guitar.

"You didn't tell me you had one of these!" said Zach.

"You never asked." I replied. "Anyway, we can mess with that later. My mom said we could take her car, so let's go before she changes her mind." We went outside to the garage, and got into my mom's white Prius.

I was driving, and Zach was messing with the radio.

"Hey, in my purse, is my iPod touch. Find that, and plug it in." I told him. He did as told, and soon we were dancing and singing badly to my favorite songs.

"Oooh, playlists, let's see what miss Sarah here likes to listen to." Zach said. Soon, the car was filled with the sound of Here With You.

"Wow, I like this song. Who sings it?" He joked.

"Just some kid, " I replied.

"Some kid? I'm offended! I am not a kid anymore!" he laughed.

The rest of the ride there, we sang horridly to every song that came on. Forty minutes later, we finally got to the mall.

We got out of the car, and walked inside, hand in hand. We walked in, and stopped suddenly.

"Oh, my, gosh." I said in shock.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, what do you think happened at the mall? Please leave it in the comments! :) Anyway, please comment and subscribe. If you do, I'll be your best friend. :)

Constructive criticism is always welcome! I'm always open to ideas to improve my writing.
Oh, and please tell your friends about my story! I'm not updating again until I get 2 comments. I mean it this time.

Follow me on twitter! sarahishere13
:)