Status: check out the sequel. (:

A Summer to Remember

Deux.

We fell into easy chat. I really hit it off with Zach. It is kind of hard not to once you look into his eyes. Okay, maybe I am just a sucker for guys that have long hair and can sing. Soon, our food came. I ate the classic chicken fingers with french fries. Lexie ordered a burger as did the four boys.

" Hey guys look. There's still five hours until the show. Do you girls want to hang with us?" Michael asked us. I looked at Lexie to see her answer.

"HECK YES!" Lexie replied enthusiastically. "We definitely have nothing better to do."

After we finished eating, we got up and went to the bar they were going to perform at later. They told us stories the entire way, and boy, they were not boring!

" And then, we did a ninja roll, and ran across only to be shot in the head by a cowboy! YES, I said cowboy! They were everywhere! We kept fighting them, then out nowhere, ALIENS CAME AND STARTED SHOOTING AT THE COWBOYS! It was insane I tell you!" said Cameron.

"REALLY? No way! That is soooo cool! I want to fight cowboys! Wait.. Aren't cowboys extinct?" asked Lexie. Everyone started laughing at her.

"Lexie, I was just kidding. And I'm pretty sure that cowboys are in hiding somewhere...." laughed Cameron.

"Well, I think she just may be the brightest crayon in the box."Zach whispered to me. "They are perfect for each other." We laughed together, and he flashed me a smile. We kept walking down the street, and Zach grabbed my hand. I jumped out of surprise, but didn't let go. He looked down and me and chuckled to himself.

"What? Why are you laughing?" I demanded.

" Oh, nothing.." He replied. He looped his arm around mine, and started to skip. Together, we skipped down the street.

"WE'RE OFF TO SEE THE WIZARD, THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ. BECAUSE, BECAUSE, BECAUSE, BECAAUUUSSSEEEEE, OF ALL THE WONDERFUL THINGS HE DOES!" we sang.

" You guys are so embarrassing!" Nathan laughed at us. Finally, we made it to the bar, and went inside.

"This place is cool!" Zach said in awe of all the knick-knacks around the bar.

"For sure the best place yet." Nathan agreed. We hung out for a few more hours until the boys had to go to sound check.

"Hey look, we can't take you guys with us. But give us your numbers and we can chill later." They told us. We exchanged phone numbers, and Lexie and I went off into the city. A couple minutes after leaving, it hit me.

"Lexie. We just met our favorite band of all time. AND They gave us their numbers! How perfect is this day?" I said. She agreed with me, and we went into the park. A few minutes later, I got a text message.

"Hey. I miss you. Can't wait to see you again. -Zach"

I smiled to myself.
This really is a perfect day.