Status: check out the sequel. (:

A Summer to Remember

Vingt.

We drove in the van for another hour, before we decided to stop for food and gas.

"Look! There's a diner over there." I said, pointing at a large building. It was brick building, that looked friendly. The parking lot was three quarters full, so we took that as a good sign. We parked the car, and we all got out of the van. After being in the car for that long, it was kind of hard to walk. We stumbled in, and an older lady with greying hair greeted us.

"Welcome to Lucie's diner, how many?" she asked us warily. She seated us, and we ordered our food. Zach, Cameron and I were on one side of the booth, while Michael and Nathan were on the other. Zach and I were sitting next to each other, and Cameron was on the other side of Zach.

They soon got into a big debate on what is the best animal in the world. They got so into it, they didn't notice that their food arrived. While I was eating, I felt Zach grab my hand. Just this little touch, made my insides get all warm and fuzzy.

He giggled at my reaction, and continued eating.

Soon we were leaving. It was Zach's turn to drive, and he asked me to sit next to him in the front. We only had an hour left to get to our next hotel.

I was in charge of picking songs on my iPod to play. I had no idea what any of them liked, so I just kept picking random songs.

"CHANGE IT!" was the reaction I got after every song I picked. Not matter what song I picked, there was someone who complained.

"You guys are so hard to please." I muttered.

"But you love us," Cameron said to me. I scrolled through my iPod, until I found a perfect song to play. I clicked on it, and it took a few seconds to start playing.

"Lets gather around the campfire
And sing our campfire song
Our C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E S-O-N-G song
And if you don't think that we can sing it faster then you're wrong
But it'll help if you just sing along"

The Campfire song song was soon blasting through the van's speakers. The guys started singing and dancing along, their inner two year old coming out. I joined in, singing along as loud as I could. When it was finished, they started freaking out.

"I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW YOU COULD BUY THAT SONG!" Cameron yelled at me.

"Uh,yeah.. Just look up Sponge bob on iTunes." I said. They made me play it four more times, each time they danced even harder.

"You've released a monster in them," Zach told me. I groaned, thinking of the many car rides that we will be subjected to Sponge bob.

Cameron, Nathan and Michael took turns to see who could sing the whole song without messing up. None of them could do it.

"Lemme try!" Zach yelled. I restarted the song, and he sang through the first half without messing up. However, he spelled campfire wrong once.

"AW COME ON!" he yelled after he messed up. "Sarah, it's your turn." I restarted the song, again, and this time the attention turned to me. I sang through the entire song without messing up. They all were surprised, and started clapping for me.

"Whoa," Cameron said after I finished. "You are my hero."

"Uh, okay." I said awkwardly. I wasn't used to compliments as I was very unpopular at school,

After five minutes, we pulled up to our hotel, and got out. Cameron ran inside to get our keys. "I WANT TO BUY SPONGE BOB!" he yelled as ran. Michael and Nathan followed him inside. Zach and I were left alone outside. He came up behind me, and wrapped his arms around my waist. It felt so natural, and I rested my head against his chest.

"Hey Sarah," he whispered to me.

"Yeah?" I said looking up.

"I love you." he whispered, and kissed my neck. There were the butterflies again.

"I love you more." I whispered back.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, you guys are the best! I, as of this moment have 35 subscribers!

Each and everyone of you mean the world to me.

I need 5 comments, and 1 new subscriber to update. (: I hate to do that, but I didn't get many comments on the last chapter. :o

Check out my other two stories! A Different Side of Me & A Typical Love Story.

Follow me on Twitter! @sarahishere13