Status: check out the sequel. (:

A Summer to Remember

Trente-deux.

“His name is…” Oliver’s voice trailed off. He scrunched his face together, trying to remember the name. “Aha!” he exclaimed after a minute. “His name is Tom. Tom Norris.”

I heard Nathan gasp next to me. My body was frozen as I tried to take in the news. I couldn’t believe it. Tom was my friend. He was one of my best friends. He used to be in our band, but he backed out when Disney signed us to their record label. Something about not wanting to be a “Disney” band. I haven’t talked to him in a few months, but as far as I knew, we were still on good terms. Really, I hadn’t talked to anybody besides the band, my family, and Sarah in a few months. Being on tour screws with your social life.

“I can’t believe it.” Nathan said with anger in his voice. “He is our friend! Why would he do this?” Nathan stood up from his chair, and stormed out of the room. I followed him, my body numb. We found Cameron and Michael and told them the news.

We sat in that room, trying to comfort each other. It hurt knowing that someone who was such a big part of our life would do something so destructive.

After a few minutes, the door opened and Officer McGinnis walked in. He rubbed his mustache, trying to collect his thoughts.

“I need to ask you some questions about this Tom fellow. I understand he was a friend?” he asked. I nodded, and ran my hand through my long brown hair.

“Yeah, he used to be in our band,” Nathan replied.

“Do you have any idea as to why he would kidnap Sarah?” Officer McGinnis questioned.

I shook my head. “I have no idea. I mean it was his choice to leave. It’s not like we made him leave. He decided to.”

Officer McGinnis sighed. “Okay, well, we are going to find Tom. You have to go back to your hotel now thought.”

“Of course,” Cameron said as he stood up. He reached his hand out to Officer McGinnis and shook his hand. “Thank you.”

Officer McGinnis left the room, and we collected our things. We headed out to our van once more. The drive to the hotel was silent, none of us wanting to talk.

We spent the rest of the day in our hotel room, switching between watching TV, and searching the web. Eventually, we all just resorted to sleeping. That way, we weren’t faced with our constant thoughts and worries. It was a break from reality.

A few hours later, I woke up suddenly. I could hear someone outside our door, messing with the lock. I froze with fear. Then, it stopped. I told myself that I was just being paranoid, and tried to go back to sleep.

A few minutes later, I heard one knock on the door. I sat up, and looked around the room. Nathan, Cameron, and Michael were all still sleeping. They were dead to the world. Taking a deep breath, I got up, and walked over to the door. I peered out of the peep hole into the hallway. There was no one there.

Confused, I opened the door a crack. I stuck my head out into the hallway. There was no one there. Then, I noticed a small envelope sitting on the floor right outside our door. I picked it up, and locked the door behind me.

“Guys!” I yelled into the room, as I sat back down on my bed.

“What?” Cameron asked groggily. Nathan yawned and stretched. They noticed the envelope in my hand, and their attention immediately focused.

“Open it,” Nathan instructed. I nodded, and took a deep breath. Slowly, I opened broke the seal on the envelope. I pulled out what was inside. It was a lone piece of paper, folded up into a small square. I unfolded the paper, and read the message that was on it.

“I will return the girl if you give me $4,000. Put it in the trash can outside of your hotel by 9 tonight. Or else she will die.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments mean faster updates.
If you comment, you'll get a shoutout next chapter.

Dedicated to:
~emilyblg
~Itsmesapphire123
~Blah.Blah.Blah.Brey
~ ktisradxo
~ ALLSTARLOVE333
~ DanielleQuiseng
~ marylove2013
~ KonnerQuiseng
~ caroline127
~ pinkxhearts3
~ My 80 subscribers

Read my new collab fanfiction by clicking this.

I love criticism. (: