Status: in the making.

I Must Learn to Kill Before I Can Feel Safe

My smile was taken long ago.

I sat staring out of the dreary window...rain. The dark streets were empty, not because of the storm that was brewing but because of the curfew; recently there had been so many killings in and around London that the UK government have implemented the law for our own safety, meaning everyone except the armed forces had to be inside either houses by 7' o clock.

This hardly affected me as my friends lived with me. my name? Rayne. I'm sixteen and i live in a children's home, inappropriately named 'Sunny Days'. i came here because my parents vanished, quite literally, they both worked within the army and went out on a patrol to never return. now this large derelict building was my home; the peeling yellow paint and dusty lights, leaving hardly enough light to read by, slowly took its toll on you after spending seven years here.
I live her with my roommate and now good friend Cassidy our room had just enough space to turn around in.
our two friends Jay and Matthew live on the other side of this building as they are boys; and that's not the worst part, we HAVE to go to school luckily its our last year.

I jumped, hearing the bell for dinner. as i started to turn movement caught my eye, know one should be out... A young man dressed all in black strode confidently out onto the road, he looked around then smiled, a soldier ran up to him bearing his weapon at point blank, i froze in shock. the man just laughed and bent the rifle in two, i sat staring like a fish unable to move, i itched to tell cassidy who sat on the bed opposite. the man grabbed the soldier by his neck and lifted him off the ground, with that the man thrust his hand into the soldiers chest.. like actually going into his chest, he ripped out his heart and i swear i heard his flesh rip apart. blood began gushing out of the gaping hole in the soldiers chest, his face turned pale awfully quick as his eyes rolled into the back of his head.
the man dropped the heart and turned towards the window... i tried to move my mouth to scream, i was shocked but yet fascinated, i mean, have you ever seen someone have their heart ripped out? his gaze seemed to go right through me it sent chills down my spine. he winked at me before turning back and walking into the shadows.
♠ ♠ ♠
Constructive criticism please :) i need to get my writing skills more awesome :D