Remembering Sunday

Don't go please stay, I'll beg for one last day

I woke up as Lou moved and blinked the sleep from my eyes. I felt something move on my hip and realized it was Alex’s hand, I realized I’d got my head on his chest.

My left arm was wrapped round his waist and my left hand had crept under his top and was on his back.

I remembered waking up like this all time when we were together and I smiled to myself.

I looked up to see he was still asleep and snuggled back into his chest; I felt Alex move his leg over the top of mine and smiled as he rubbed his foot against my own.

I felt his hand slip onto my back pulling me closer, as he moved he must've woken Lou up who stood up jumping on us both and we started to laugh.

I heard Alex grown as Lou licked his face, “Shit sorry Lexi” he said taking his arm and leg from me creating space between us.

“It’s okay, I had my arm round you” I reassured and he nodded looking awkward.

“Do you feel better?” he asked.

“Why do I always pick the losers?” I asked.

“Oh thanks,” he said laughing.

“You chose your friends over me” I snapped angry that he might for a second think that wasn't a 'loser' thing to do.

“No I didn’t but lets not talk about it we’ll only argue,” he said sighing and I stayed quiet not wanting to argue with him.

He stayed quiet “I have to find somewhere to live now” I stated.

Why?” he asked as he started to stroke Lou.

“Because I moved in with Greg, that’s his flat” I explained rubbing the sleep from my eyes as I started thinking about how much money I had and what that would buy me here.

Well you can stay here as long as you want” he offered and I smiled at him, we’d been laid talking for ages when there was a knock at the door.

We both got up when we realized it’d be Bailey and Jack; he went to answer the door as I walked to make coffee.

I heard hushed voices from the living room and rolled my eyes as I grabbed a coffee for Alex and myself walking back into the lounge.

They both looked at me for a clue of how I felt as I handed Alex the cup and stood next to him as Lou sat at my feet and Jack started to laugh.

“Lou’s happy” he said and I smiled as Alex wrapped an arm round me.

“His mommy’s home, should’ve seen him last night he couldn’t get to her fast enough” Alex said.

They sat down and I sat next to Alex “Lexi are you…” Bailey started and I cut her off.

“Talking to Greg ever again? No. Okay? Yes” I said and they all smiled.

We agreed I needed to get my stuff from the flat so Jack and Alex offered to come with me while Bailey went to work.

She told me not to bother going to work for a few days and to work from home, one because I was ill before from stress and this had hardly helped the matter.

I just wasn’t looking forward to the chance Greg might be there when I went round, I didn't want to see or talk to him so the idea of him greeting me at the flat wasn't something I was looking forward to.