Remembering Sunday

I'm not gonna hear your reasons and "please-just-take-me-backs"

I stood outside the flat door staring at my key hoping when I opened the door he’d be gone, I looked round to see Alex, Jack and Lou and I took a deep breath as I opened the door.

We all stepped inside and I heard a noise in the bedroom and I sighed, he was here.

I picked my handbag up from the door shoving my coat and scarf in it and picked up my stuff from the kitchen pushing it in as well.

Luckily I didn’t really own much, everything in the flat was Greg’s apart from a few pictures of my family and friends and my clothes and thankfully I’d be able to take it all today.

I walked into the bathroom grabbing everything that was mine putting it on the kitchen counter as Jack carried on putting it in my bag and took all my stuff from the lounge too picking up photos and CD’s as I went shoving them in another handbag.

I checked every room apart from the bedroom making sure I had everything that was mine and was satisfied that I had everything but my clothes; this would be the difficult part.

We’d stayed quiet the whole time but I knew I had to go in the bedroom and he was in there, I kicked the stack of his DVD’s over making a loud bang as they fell on the wood floors.

“Lexi is that you?” I heard Greg’s voice shout and the bedroom door opened.

“Lexi honey thank god you came home, now we can talk about this stupid misunderstanding,” he said walking towards me.

“The only misunderstanding is that you think I’m here to talk, I’m here to get my stuff and I’m going” I said and he shook his head as Alex and Jack walked in carrying my stuff.

“Lexi please don’t do this” he begged.

“You did this not me” I replied pushing past him into the bedroom.

I pulled my suitcase from under the bed and opened the closet throwing all my clothes in it, along with my shoes.

He stood talking away to me while I was doing it begging me to stop but nothing he said would convince me. I emptied the drawers of my stuff and then looked round grabbing jewelery from the side.

After about 10 minutes I’d got everything that was mine in my suitcase, I zipped it up and stood looking round double-checking I had everything.

I’d always hated the colors in this place, Greg had everything painted beige or cream with dark brown floors and everything else was dark brown to match. He never once allowed me to decorate it and part of me was grateful I wouldn’t have to live here anymore.

I nodded satisfied and picked up the heavy suitcase dragging it back to the lounge where Jack and Alex stood waiting with Lou.

Alex took it from me letting go of Lou’s leash who sat at his feet, I stood looking round as Greg grabbed me hugging me and I tried to push him off but he wouldn’t let go when Lou started to bark.

“Lou quiet!” shouted Alex but it wouldn’t work and Greg jumped backwards letting me go and I looked down to see Lou had gotten hold of his pants leg.

“Lou!” I shouted and he stopped as I picked up his leash.

“Good boy” said Alex laughing and I glared at him “What he was protecting you?” he said and I smiled back at him.

“Please Lexi don’t forget everything we had!” Greg shouted and I turned round running back to our room with Lou, I crawled under the bed and saw a big handbag and grabbed it pulling it out.

I got up checking round again and walked out “Ready?” asked Jack and I nodded as I picked an armful of books up grasping Lou’s leash tight in my hand.

We walked towards the door when I turned round “Greg I forgot something!” I shouted and his face appeared hopeful that I’d give him a chance.

I smiled and lifted my foot up kicking over his whole music collection “I never did like your crappy taste in music!” I shouted and Jack and Alex laughed as I turned back towards the door walking out.