Remembering Sunday

But you know I think I recognize your face

I got out my car walking towards the address I’d been given, this area of town was nice and I’d always wanted to see what the inside of one of these houses looked like, luckily I was about to.

“Okay Greg I’ll see you when I get home, I shouldn’t be long” I explained as I looked for my pen in my bag.

“I’m looking forward to what you bought for dinner” I smiled as I found it.

“Yeah love you too” I said hanging up.

I checked the address one more time and then walked down the drive knocking on the door of the white house, a girl answered and took me into the kitchen. I looked around as a guy walked in “Hi Miss Nelson?” he asked and I nodded.

“Mr Dawson I take it” he nodded.

We spoke about what he wanted and I thought he looked familiar I just couldn’t place where I knew him from.

“Rian a guy’s here with a drum kit!” shouted the girl and he excused himself leaving me to look around the rooms.

They were all white and boring but then I was being employed to sort that problem out.

The house was on the small side but big enough for a couple to live in, I got the feeling it wasn’t being lived in as there was no bed and it seemed empty although it was obvious what each room as going to be sued for by the piles of stuff in them.

Rian Dawson I knew that name I thought to myself as I walked back downstairs, I walked back into the kitchen as I realized who he was.

“Are you from round here?” he asked and I nodded.

“Lived here all my life, you?” I asked and he shook his head.

“Couple of towns over, you look familiar did you go to the local high school?” he asked and I shook my head lying.

I panicked for a story “I was home schooled” I lied and he nodded.

“Cool you look really familiar but obviously not” he said smiling.

“Well I think we’ve got it all covered, I’ll talk to you in a week after I’ve done some sketches and arrange a date to see you again” I said trying to leave as quick as possible.

“Okay, I’ll talk to you soon, thanks. Bye” he said walking me out.

He walked out to the girl as she stood with a guy and a drum kit “Your done? Good you can deal with this,” she said to Rian.

“Alright, I swear I know that girl,” he said quietly but I still heard him.

It’d been 2 years and he’d changed but that was definitely him, Rian Dawson, the drummer in Alex’s band.