Remembering Sunday

I'm supposed to love you

I sat shocked at what he’d said; I got up walking to his room to see him sat with his back to me. “Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked quietly.

“Because it was supposed to be a surprise! I wanted it to be something you’d love and well you’re a difficult girl to please,” he said and I laughed.

“You said ‘Nothing you ever say will make me forgive you’ so I didn’t bother” he admitted and I cried. thinking about what I'd lost and what might have been.

“I think if you’d told me that I’d have forgiven you! I thought you loved them more than me,” I cried and he shook his head.

I sat down hugging him “Now I’ve made things awkward, we all agreed to never tell you” he said looking at me.

I laid down pulling him with me and he rested his head on my stomach. I felt him crying and I quietly played with his hair, tracing my finger up and down his neck as I thought it all through.

We’d been laid there 3 hours and he’d been asleep, he woke up and walked off sleepily. He came back with 2 grilled cheese handing me one and we ate in silence.

I leant over hugging him “Thanks” I said smiling.

“It was a grilled cheese Lexi” he replied.

“Yeah but you’re the only guy who has ever made me anything to eat, well apart from Jack. Greg never did” I admitted.

“Well you should look after the girl you love” he replied taking the stuff back to the kitchen.

I sat playing fetch with Lou as Alex came back taking some clothes to get changed “It’s nice having you around all day like old times, it’s 9pm you now” he said as he walked back in.

“When did you get that?” I asked pointing to the tattoo behind his ear which I hadn't noticed until now.

“Few months ago” he smiled as he sat down and I moved his hair to see it.

“It hurt a lot!” he said and before I knew it I’d kissed the tattoo, “Thanks” he said kissing my forehead and I realized I didn’t have to stop myself anymore.

I could feel what I wanted towards Alex and I could say or do anything to him, this was between us now nobody else was involved.

He'd wanted to marry me, to spend the rest of his life with me and if it wasn't for him taking so long to buy the ring or me getting so angry with him then we'd be married by now.

Would we just have Lou or would we have a kid too, I always thought he'd be a good dad. He was kind, caring and had the ability to put all his thought and love into something and I knew he wanted to be a dad one day.

I leant forward and my lips connected with his and he pulled me closer to him “Are you sure?” he asked but I ignored the question.

I kissed him again and he smiled into the kiss, he ran his tongue across my lip and I opened my mouth.

I felt his fingers tangle themselves in my hair as my own hands grabbed at the bottom of his top, he pulled away pulling his top off and went back to kissing me.

He laid down taking me with him and slowed the kissing down, “This feel so…” he said looking for words.

“Right? Normal?” I asked and he nodded as he rubbed his nose against mine.

I snuggled into his chest as he kissed the top of my head “Night” he whispered.

“Night” I replied as I kissed his chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
:O Is she right to kiss him? Should they get back together?