Remembering Sunday

Get caught red handed

I woke up the next morning feeling happier than I’d felt in a long time, I was sat doing some work on the couch while Alex watched TV.

He stood up walking back to his room and I figured he’d gone to play guitar or something.

I jumped as I felt his hands on my shoulders “I’m bored” he complained and I ignored him, he laughed and started to kiss my cheek but I made myself concentrate on the work in front of me.

He started to kiss my neck and I felt my concentration slip but I forced myself to carry on working but knew it’d never last as soon as he bit my neck.

“Alex why are you the most annoying person I know?” I asked and he laughed as he jumped over the back of the couch.

“Lets go out!” he said and I shook my head but his eyes pleaded for him to get his own way and I laughed.

“Okay but not for long” I said and he smiled as he grabbed our coats leaving Lou asleep in the bedroom.

We were stood waiting to cross the road when I felt him thread his fingers through mine as he pulled me across the road and kept them there was we carried on walking, I smiled at how it felt to have Alex back like this.

“What’s the matter with you?” he asked.

“Just thinking how long it’s been since you held my hand” I stated sounding so lovesick.

“Too long” he said and I smiled as he kissed my cheek remembering that in fact in our relationship it was Alex that had been the lovesick one, he was never afraid to put his feelings out their.

We were walking next to an old couple when the lady dropped a glove and Alex picked it up handing her it.

“Thank you dear” she said patting his hand and he nodded as we carried on walking, “Isn’t it nice to see polite people these days” she said to her husband.

“Yes and just think 50 years ago that was us” he added and Alex squeezed my hand.

Someone shouted our names and we turned around to see Bailey and Jack staring at us as we pulled our hands apart.

“What are you two doing?” asked Bailey looking lie she might kill us both.

“Just going for a walk” replied Alex knowing full well that she didn’t mean that, she signaled for us to go to our office and I rolled my eyes.

She stormed up the stairs dragging Jack behind her as he smiled at us. We both hung our heads and followed them looking like children that had been caught misbehaving by their parents, she dragged Jack into the office as Alex looked at me.

“We’re in shit” he whispered and I tried not to laugh.

“Severe punishments are about to be dealt” I joked and he beamed at me kissing my cheek.

“Although we’re not the only ones who should be worried, Jack will be getting told off too” I whispered and Alex’s eyes lit up at the idea of Jack getting told off.

“Get in here!” she shouted and we both ran up the last few steps and into the office shutting the door.