Remembering Sunday

I'll push you away

Lexi’s been living with Bailey for 2 weeks now and it’s been better for us, she called me her boyfriend the other day and I couldn’t stop smiling.

It’s great being a proper couple again although Jack keeps teasing me over the whole Lou thing.

I was walking to see Lexi when my cell rang “Hello” I said.

“Hey Alex it’s Samuel from the studios in California” he said and I smiled.

“Oh hey Samuel what’s up?” I asked wondering why he was ringing me all of a sudden.

“There’s no easy way to say this, but we’ve been doing the production for the bands new album and well long story short we’ve lost all your vocals” he said and I stopped dead.

“You’ve done what?” I snapped.

“Lost them all, they got wiped from the version we were working on and we went to find the master tapes and they’ve been doing some changes to the storage system and well we can’t actually find them. It’s okay we still have the music and the backing vocals it’s just yours we’ve lost,” he said thinking that would calm me.

“How can you wipe them all? And where the fuck did you put the master tapes? If they get leaked you are in for shit from all of us! I swear Jack will kill you” I shouted not caring what the people around me thought.

“We were working with the intern and it’s his first time and well he made a mistake, we’re sure they’ve just been misfiled but we really can’t find them, you need to re-record” he said calmly.

“So what I record here and send you guys them?” I asked.

“No you’ve got to come back here but we’re pretty booked up so it could take a month” he said and my mind went straight to Lexi.

I begged for them to let me stay here but they wouldn’t agree, there was no way round it I was going back to California for a month and I was leaving in 5 days.

I sat down thinking how to tell her, I’d promised I wasn’t going anywhere until after the album was released and now they were making me go back on that.

The last time I left her it was so difficult for us and we’d been together for 5 years, it hurt her so much for me to be away but we’d got 5 years trust there to keep us together.

I couldn’t put her through it all again, I knew there was a time that I’d have to leave her but I thought it was months down the line not now.

Sure it was only a month but I know how hard it was last time and I couldn’t put her through it again, I had to push her away to stop this from hurting her.

I dialed her cell “Hey Lexi I can’t come round tonight I’ve got to do something sorry” I said trying to keep it short.

“Oh okay then, do you want to do something on my break tomorrow?” she asked.

“No I can’t I’ll text you or something, anyway I’ve got to go bye” I said hanging up.