Remembering Sunday

But when the walls came down you wouldn't let me in

I sat outside and heard voices in the room, I recognized one to be Alex and he was asking for me but I knew I had to keep away.

“Lexi please he only wants you” begged Jack from the door and I walked back in as Alex held his hand out for me.

“Lexi why am I here?” he asked and I explained.

“Why wasn’t I with you?” he asked looking confused.

“We had an argument” I replied.

“I’m sorry,” he said kissing my hand. “Who’s that?” he asked pointing at Jack.

“Its Jack” I stated.

“I don’t know him” Alex said as we looked at the doctor.

“It might take awhile but his scans are clear so it should all come back pretty quickly, is he strange after anesthesia because this can have the same effect?” the doctor asked.

I nodded “He felt ill for days and when he woke up he had like memory problems for a few minutes after” I explained thinking back to when he had an operation on his arm when we were still dating.

He’d broken it quite badly and had pins put in it which had to be removed and when he came around both times he didn’t remember people for 5 minutes but it all came back.

“When did I get that?” he asked pointing to his tattoo.

“Years ago! You’ve got another behind your ear too” I said.

“Oh yeah I remember” he said and I smiled at him.

They carried out tests and said he had no brain damage, just concussion and that he should be coming round from the sedatives soon.

“Who’s that?” I asked pointing to Jack and he laughed.

“Barakat! You look a right mess!” he said and Jack smiled relieved.

“Seen yourself lately?” he replied and I laughed.

I noticed he was falling asleep and I smiled at Jack as he laughed, “He’ll be fine,” he whispered and I nodded.

Jack rang his parents to tell them he was fine as the nurses tried to get me to eat but after today I really wasn’t hungry.

He woke up an hour later and looked over at me letting go of my hand “Why are you here?” he asked sounding angry with me.

“You were in a accident Alex, why wouldn’t I be here” I replied.

“Because we argued, I made it clear I don’t want you anymore” he snapped and Jack looked at him shocked.

“Alex don’t be a jackass you woke up and only wanted her, whatever this is about sort it out” Jack warned.

“There’s nothing to sort out I don’t want her” Alex snapped.

“Can’t I stay as a friend?” I asked and he shook his head.

“Just go Lexi your making this harder than it really has to be,” he said and I rolled my eyes.

“Let’s not bother being friends, bye Jack” I said leaving.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alex woke up fine .. but he's still a jerk