Remembering Sunday

Last night I forgot to mention the way that I feel

* Alex’s Pov *

* 8 hours later *

I hated being horrible to Lexi, I wanted her here, I was scared and I knew she hated me.

“Okay I’ve had enough of pretending your not a jackass” snapped Jack, “Explain!” he demanded.

“We argued over the fact I’m always hurting her and I went for a drive and I remember swerving but nothing else” I explained.

“But why are you treating her like this?” he asked as I looked away.

“I don’t feel the same Jack, it’s not the same as before” I lied.

“So why treat her like this?” he asked.

“Because she wasn’t listening she thought saying she liked me would make me stay and its not enough” I said starting to cry.

“Alex stop lying!” he shouted and I shook my head “Then why are you crying?” he asked as I hid my face.

“Now’s the time to tell the truth!” he shouted and I rolled my eyes.

“I’m supposed to be flying back to California today! The studios lost the master tapes and wiped my vocals on the only other copy so I have to rerecord them and I’ll be gone a month” I said and he looked confused.

“Think about last time? How hurt she was” I shouted and he shook his head.

“Look how hurt she is now!” he said.

“How is she? Go find out Jack, please I need to know!” I begged and he shook his head leaving.

He came back 5 minutes later “You two are so annoying!” he snapped.

“Why?” I asked.

“I just saw Bailey and guess what? Lexi’s been sending her to check on you and you’ve sent me 5 times now! If you don’t care don’t check on her” he barked and I kept quiet.

“She’s not left yet because she’s refusing to eat anything and they’re worried she’s depressed if you really must know. Does that make you feel any better?” he asked and I shook my head.

“So are you going to tell me everything?” he asked and I ignored him trying to go back to sleep.

I felt someone touch my arm and woke up “Lexi?” I asked and saw a nurse “Sorry” I said and she smiled as she finished checking on me and left.

“Alex Gaskarth don’t you tell me you don’t like that girl when you do that sort of thing” said Jack and I rolled my eyes.

“Not talking about it” I said closing my eyes.

“Fine don’t tell me but forget being best friends” he said standing up and I waited testing whether he was serious.

“Alright sit down” I said knowing he meant it and he obeyed.

“I pushed her away on purpose, I thought leaving her for California now would stress our relationship and it would hurt her” I admitted.

“What about you?” he asked.

“It hurts me but I chose this life she didn’t, I’d rather lose her like this than because of the distance” I admitted.

“It’s a month Alex, she knows what you do she understands” he reasoned and I shook my head.

“Do you like her?” he asked.

“Of course I do, I feel the same as I used to it’s killing me hurting her but I thought it was for the best” I admitted and he laughed.

“No it’s not, I think you both ending up in hospital shows that” he said and I rolled my eyes.

“You’ve got to tell her otherwise you’ll lose her forever” he said and I shook my head.

“It’s too late” I said crying and he shook his head.

“What if I persuaded her to come, would you tell her the truth?” he asked and I thought it through and slowly nodded and he smiled.

“Give me 20 minutes,” he said jumping up and leaving.
♠ ♠ ♠
Truth time!