Remembering Sunday

The truth is I'm such a ***

* Lexi’s Pov *

I was sat on the bed watching the birds outside when Bailey sat next to me “He’s asleep but he looks okay” she said and I nodded.

“Why don’t you eat something?” she suggested and I shook my head.

“I said I’m not hungry, leave me alone” I begged and she wandered off.

I heard a nurse in the room and turned round “Can I go home now?” I asked desperate to get away from here and Alex.

“Not until you eat something and you’ve been tested” she replied.

“Tested for what exactly?” I asked as she smiled.

“The doctor's worried your suffering from depression” she said and I nodded as I turned back around.

I heard Bailey whispering “What?” I asked.

“Nothing they were just leaving” she replied.

“No I wasn’t” cut in Jack as he sat next to me and I hugged him.

“Lexi I know your mad and I know he’s hurt you but will you come and talk to Alex” he asked and I shook my head as I pulled away.

“I meant it, I’m done with him. I don’t care anymore” I replied.

“Then why are you still in hospital? Why are you sending her to check on him and why the hell are you so depressed?” he asked and I just ignored him.

“You got your answer,” snapped Bailey but I knew he wasn’t leaving yet.

“He’s been sending me to check on you, I know he’s hurt you, he knows he’s hurt you and we all know he’s lying but he had reasons, just come and hear him out, if you still feel the same then you can leave but give him a chance” he begged but I shook my head.

“If I didn’t think it was worth it do you really think I’d be here?” he asked and I shook my head.

“Then trust me, I was your best friend too remember” he said and I nodded.

“So you’ll come for me? 10 minutes that’s all, give him a chance to explain and if he lies again then we can all beat him up” he suggested smiling and I laughed as he took my hand.

He led me down towards where Alex was and I felt nervous, I didn’t think I could take him hurting me anymore, Bailey refused to come down to see him so that left Jack, Alex and me.

Jack led me in “Alex I’ve got her now you do the talking” he said as he sat in the corner.

He looked at me and I saw tears in his eyes “Don’t cry Alex it doesn’t suit you” I snapped, I wasn’t letting him get anyway with anything easily.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

“Alex just cut to the chase” snapped Jack and I knew Jack was firmly on my side, something which he rarely did.

Jack and Alex were as close as possible, the sort of friends who'd take a bullet for one another without letting it cross their minds, they'd defend each other until the end and I'd always been aware of it.

Anything that went on between Alex and I Jack would know about but he never once told anyone anything, I knew my secrets were safe with Jack. He was the most immature person in the world but he was a great friend and he had this side that could be so grown up that it shocked you.

He was so loyal to Alex that if anyone ever upset me Jack would start defending me for Alex and to start with I thought their relationship was weird but when I got to know them I realized they just cared that much.

Jack loved Alex but he wasn't afraid to tell him if he was wrong and you knew if Jack took your side over Alex's then it was serious.

“I’m sorry I was horrible when I woke up, when we were in your room and when I broke up with you” he said and I nodded.

“Is that it?” I asked after he stayed quiet and he shook his head.

“I did it on purpose” he admitted.

“You hurt me on purpose! What the fuck!” I started to shout and Jack told me to be quiet.

“They’re making me go back to rerecord in California and I remember how hard it was last time and I thought it would ruin our relationship,” he admitted.

“And treating me the way you have hasn’t already done that?” I asked and he nodded.

“I thought it was better this way” he stated.

“How is this way better? This way I think you’re a jerk that way I think your job is a jerk,” I said and he smiled.

“I pushed you away and I lied” he admitted and I nodded.

“And?” said Jack making him carry on.

“And I do really like you, it feels exactly like before” he said holding his hand out, I hesitated before letting him hold my hand.

“I’m sorry, real sorry” he said kissing my hand and I pulled it away.

“Is that it?” I asked and he nodded and I turned and left.
♠ ♠ ♠
So he finally told the truth, the question is will Lexi ever forgive him?

Btw I had no intention of killing Alex I just wanted to make sure you guys wanted him to live as well...sorry