Remembering Sunday

How do I know if I should stay or just go?

I sat outside where I could hear them; if he was hiding anything else he’d say it now when he thought I couldn’t hear.

“I told you it was too late Jack” I heard Alex say quietly.

“Dude I’m sorry I was sure that’d change her mind” he replied and I shook my head, when did Jack get to know me so well.

“I guess that’s it then, I got what I thought I wanted” Alex said, “Is it wrong that I miss her already?” he asked and I smiled.

“You can’t do anything else your going to have to accept it and try moving on” suggested Jack.

"Try moving on! Jack I've never moved on from her, she's the only girl I've ever wanted and I did the stupidest thing ever because I was trying to protect her. All these years we've been part she never left my mind, I couldn't tell you how many times I'd planned out what I'd do if I ever saw her again and then when I finally saw her again I was mess" he admitted.

"Alex come on you're only upsetting yourself now" Jack stated.

"Good I deserve it! Do you have any clue how much it hurts? I lost the girl I love because I was too stupid to admit I was going to propose to her and I just lost her again because I tried to protect her. Look at the mess I'm in Jack and all of this I deserve for hurting her, I can't do this anymore" he said crying.

"Alex come on calm down you'll make yourself worse, you need to get better and then we can try and do something about Lexi" Jack reassured.

“If I thought proposing would solve this I’d do it right now” Alex said and I nearly choked, I saw Jack stand up and he looked straight at me and smiled before turning back to Alex.

“So what you love her?” he asked.

“I’ve always loved her and I always will,” admitted Alex.

“Lexi stop torturing him and get in here,” said Jack laughing as I obeyed.

“You were outside?” asked Alex rubbing his eyes as Jack laughed.

“That girl knows exactly how to play you doesn’t she?” asked Jack and Alex nodded as I smiled.

“Why do I always forgive you?” I asked as Alex smiled.

“Because deep down you know I’m the best you’ll ever have” he said and Jack and I glared at him, “Wow that came out wrong” he laughed.

“Arrogant Alex, very arrogant!” teased Jack.

“Lexi promise me one thing? Never again in the whole of your life will you ask me to have sex in a hospital?” he asked.

Jack choked starting to laugh “Dude never turn a lady down! How many more times do I need to tell you?” teased Jack as we both laughed.

“And Lexi my darling, next time he turns you down come find uncle Jack. I’ll make sure your needs are met” he said winking and I saw Alex clench his fist.

“Dude I’m joking!” Jack reassured.

“Well it wasn’t a funny one” snapped Alex.