Remembering Sunday

Could we wipe the slate clean

We got a cab back to their shared flat (they were all living together while they sorted their individuals homes out) in the cab Jack and Bailey sat between Alex and me but we both stared at each other.

Things shouldn’t have been this awkward, we were all best friends at one time, I’d cried on Jacks shoulder countless times.

As we got out the cab I noticed the changes in us all, Jack was the same although he was a bit taller and finally rocking the ‘unshaven’ look he’d always gone on about.

Rian had grown up and had changed the most, when I’d know him he’d had hair the same length as Jacks but now he’d shaved it practically all off.

Zack had so far remained true to the memories of him I had by saying nothing, he was quiet in awkward situations and I was pleased to see he’d returned to having dark hair again.

Bailey had stopped dying her hair bright blond a year ago and finally Alex and I.

We were the ones who’d had the most reason to change, he seemed different more grown up, and his clothes weren’t the same.

As for me the only thing that had changed was on the inside, I was far more cautious than I’d ever been.

We walked in and he turned to talk to me straight away but I knew he felt conscious of all the others.

“Look how about we go make coffee and you 2 go talk in our room but we’ll come check on you,” warned Jack and we both nodded as Alex took me to his and Jacks room.

“Lexi you have no idea how sorry I am for hurting you” he said as he started to cry again but I held my nerve preventing him from making me cry.

“I loved you more than anything and I let you go without really fighting for you and I’ll have to know that for the rest of my life, I never thought I’d see you again and tonight when I saw you I realized how important you were to me as a friend. Look I know I hurt you but please can we try to be friends?” he begged sitting down.

My head screamed no, to let him be my friend would be complicated, I’d learnt to live without him and letting him back in so easily meant I’d done all that for nothing.

But my heart told me yes, he was my best friend and I told him everything, he knew me better than anyone else; but would we even be that close now?

I looked at him and saw that he’d changed so much but I knew under all the new stuff and grown up image he was still the same Alex Gaskarth and I smiled to myself as I wondered whether he was thinking the same about me.

I stared into his brown eyes again and remembered all the times I’d look into them and felt so loved and so happy.

“I was wrong, it was my fault but you were too stubborn to let me get away with it” he said and I nodded.

“I guess trying to be friends wouldn’t hurt but we have to forget everything that happened,” I said and he smiled nodding, I missed his smile.

“We start over?” he asked and I nodded.

He looked at me and I knew what he wanted “You can hug me you know” I said and he grabbed me.

I felt his arms round me and smiled at how familiar he was to me, part of me wished he’d never let go but he did and he pulled away smiling.

We sat talking for a while when Jack walked in with Bailey and they both looked relieved that we weren’t crying anymore.

We all went and sat together in the lounge talking when Bailey pointed out we should head home.

We called a cab and hugged them all bye before leaving, it felt good seeing them all again. The only one from the band I really close to was Jack; he was Alex’s best friend and always had been and I’d spent countless hours with him and he’d become a best friend but the other 2 were just friends.

I got out and crept into my apartment trying not to wake Greg when I realized since I saw Alex he’d never crossed my mind, I waited until Bailey rang to say she was home before going to bed.

I pushed the blankets back and snuck in next to Greg and saw my eternity ring when I realized Alex had had his on tonight too.
♠ ♠ ♠
9 subscribers already...thanks :)