Remembering Sunday

I hear it's wonderful in California, I've been missing you it's true

* Lexi’s Pov *

I was sat in the apartment after work daydreaming when I heard the door slam and I jumped.

“You know staring at the phone doesn’t make it ring,” Jack said and I smiled as he sat next to me.

“I thought we could go out somewhere tonight, take Lou for a walk?” he suggested and I laughed as Lou jumped up and I smiled grabbing his leash.

We walked to the park in the dark and I smiled as the moonlight reflected of the water in the fountain.

“Lexi there’s no easy way to say this but Alex rang me earlier and he said he thinks he might not be home for another month, I know he’s been gone a month already and you were expecting him back but things haven’t been going as well as he thought,” Jack said quietly.

I felt my heart drop, I hated Alex being away and the last month had been harder than I thought it would. Knowing he was only going to be a month though made things seem easier but another month could lead to 3 and then 4 and then he’d have promotions and tours and everything else.

Part of me wished he was normal but it was Alex and he had never been ‘normal’.

“Oh right,” I said quietly and I felt Jack's arm round my shoulder.

“Sorry, our stupid band ruins everything right?” he asked and I smiled.

“He best bring me a big present back,” I said and he laughed.

I got colder as it got closer to11pm and Jack walked me home before going to his own home that was only down the street.

As I slowly climbed the stairs with Lou wandering next to me as if he somehow knew what was wrong I got a text from Jack saying he was home and I opened the apartment door.

I took Lou’s leash off and fed him as I saw a pair of Alex’s lounge pants in the clean laundry and I pulled them on under my dress, I turned all the lights off before going to the bedroom and pulling my dress off putting a top on before climbing into bed.

I felt something move and before I had chance to process that it was in the bed I felt a hand on my side and I jumped screaming.