Remembering Sunday

Beautiful girls all over the world

The next three weeks were great, it felt like we’d never really been apart and everything I’d felt for him came back to me so quickly.

“Lexi have you finished the work on that flat?” Bailey said and I looked over at her and nodded.

“Like properly finished?” she asked and I nodded and she smiled.

“I’m done with all mine as well, we need to get some more work before we go bankrupt,” she said and I laughed at her.

Bailey over exaggerated everything, I often thought she was worse than Alex but never said it because she wouldn’t take it too well.

“Fancy going to get some lunch?” I asked and she looked awkward.

“What?” I asked and she played with her hair a sign she felt uncomfortable.

“I thought you’d be going out with Alex,” she said and I shook my head.

“Well I guess you could come with me then, I arranged to meet someone else for lunch though” she said.

“Is it Jack?” I asked and she shot me a disgusted look and I smiled.

Alex was so obviously wrong about that then, he’d been trying to tell me that Bailey had a crush on Jack and I thought he was wrong but it was worth an ask.

“No, do you know how childish he is?” she asked and I smiled.

“That’s the beautiful thing about him Bailey, well that and his face,” I said and she rolled her eyes.

“How does Alex ever cope knowing you think Jack is cute?” she asked and I smiled.

“Because he knows I think he’s better, plus he thinks Jack’s cute too so it’s a mutual love,” I explained and she laughed.

“No I’m going to meet a friend,” she said and I looked interested at the mention of this new friend.

“Bailey are you cheating on me?” I asked and she laughed.

“Maybe a little bit yeah, I met this girl the other week when I was out and she’s really nice. I need to find some more new friends seeing as Alex has come back and stolen you and when your not with him Jack seems to somehow get in there with his stupid facial hair,” she said and I laughed.

“Jealously,” I stated and she smiled.

"Maybe a little bit but I know you’re only with them so much because you know they won’t be around forever and that they’ll be off touring and that soon, I know you love me really,” she said and I smiled.

“Sorry,” I offered and she shook her head.

“It’s fine, I get it. I just got used to being with you so much when you were with Greg that Alex coming back seems strange,” she said and I nodded.

“But come with me and meet her, she’s nice and you’ll get on with her,” she said standing up and I shrugged going with her.

We got to the place we always had lunch and she dragged me over towards a blond girl who smiled when she saw Bailey and then looked at me and I felt awkward, she was so pretty she made me feel uncomfortable.

“Hi sorry I’m a bit late, you don’t mind I brought my friend with me do you?” she asked as she hugged the girl and she shook her head sitting back down.

“Hey I’m Kate,” she said and I smiled.

“Lexi,” I said and she nodded.

“Kate’s here to visit some old college friends that moved out here and Lexi is the girl…” Bailey started.

“You work with,” Kate finished and Bailey smiled.

We sat talking and I noticed guys staring at her when they walked past and she seemed nice, we left to go back to work and I took my chances to ask.

“So Kate, where’s she from?” I asked and Bailey smiled.

“California, as if you couldn’t tell with that tan,” she said and I nodded.

“She says she knows a few guys from around here but she’s not really sure whereabouts they live but that she’s pretty sure she’ll run into them sooner or later,” she explained and I nodded.

I sat thinking back where I had heard the name Kate before but nothing really hit me so I forgot about it.

When I got home that night I realized straight away, Alex.

His girlfriend from California had been called Kate, surely that was a coincidence I mean there had to be hundreds of Kate’s from California and she was most definitely not Alex’s type.