Remembering Sunday

Not my type

We walked to Rian’s together and Jack smiled.

“Are you jealous Lexi Nelson?” he asked and I shook my head and he smiled.

“Yes you are, well don’t be. He never even thought about loving her, you should’ve seen him when she said she thought she might love him. He looked like someone had told him he’d got 2 days to live, I thought it was hilarious,” he said and I smiled as we walked into Rian’s house.

“Lexi!” Alex practically shouted jumping up Rian rolled his eyes.

“Oh so now your paying attention,” he stated and Alex flipped him off as Lou ran over jumping on Rian who started to play fetch in the house with him.

“I thought you were chilling with Jack?” he asked and I nodded.

“Yeah I was but we sort of need to talk,” I said and he looked at me then at Jack who put on his best ‘I-have-no-clue’ face.

“Okay,” he said slowly and I looked around him.

“Kind of privately,” I said quietly and he nodded.

“You guys can go into the drum room if you want, she’s upstairs,” Rian said and by she he meant his girlfriend.

She was a nice girl and we got on but she had no interest in being friends with any of the band or their girlfriends for that matter.

Alex walked off and I followed him, he waited for me to walk in the room with him before shutting the door and I saw him playing with the edge of his shirt and fidgeting.

He was breathing that heavily I could hear him and I smiled at the fact he obviously thought this was going to be worse than it was and it made me feel good to know he cared that much.

“Lexi I don’t like talking, talking means something’s wrong,” he said sounding panicked and I smiled.

“Alex calm down we’re fine,” I said and he looked at me.

“Then why are we talking?” he asked and I sat on the floor and he sat opposite me, his legs touching my own.

“I kind of met someone who I didn’t know was them, if that makes any sense,” I said and he shook his head.

“None at all,” he said smiling and I sighed.

“Bailey met a girl not long ago and she was going to lunch with her the other day when I asked Bailey to get lunch with me, so she invited me to join them and I did and I met this girl that Bailey’s friends with. She seems nice and she said she was over here to see some old college friends and I recognized her name but it wasn’t until later I realized why, so I was at the park with Jack today so I asked some questions and he said it wasn’t who I thought it was. Are you following me?” I asked aware of his tendency to completely zone out.

He nodded as he held my hand and I smiled at him.

“So this girl then walks in the park with Bailey and Jack recognizes her and says that it is who I thought it was and he made me hide,” I said and he nodded.

“Why who was it?” he asked and I sighed.

“It was Kate,” I said and he looked at me and then he realized who I meant.

“Kate as in the girl I dated?” he asked and I nodded and he grabbed me hugging me and I didn’t really get why.

“Babe I am so sorry, I never thought she’d come here. Are you okay?” he asked pulling me to look at him and I nodded.

“Alex I’m fine, but she told Jack to say she’s here for awhile so she obviously wants to see you,” I explained and he nodded.

“She hates you I think and it’ll be so awkward seeing her again but if I do see her I’m going to let slip we’re together and then what will she do. If she sees me with you or you with any of the guys she’ll realize your that Lexi and she’ll probably say something to you,” he rambled and I nodded.

“We just have to hope she goes home before seeing me but if she does well I guess we take what’s coming right?” he asked and I nodded, she didn’t bother me.

I’d done nothing wrong myself, it was Alex that had made me into the bad person but he didn’t do it on purpose.

“So that’s what you wanted to talk about?” he asked and I nodded and he stood up.

“So we’re good, this doesn’t change anything?” he asked and I shook my head standing up too and he smiled kissing me.

He opened the door.

“One thing?” I asked and he turned around.

“Her, really?” I asked and he laughed.

“I know right, she’s nothing like you. You’re my type and she’s like your opposite, maybe that’s why I went for her. It makes me cringe to think about it. I mean she’s everything I dislike,” he said and I laughed.

“What amazingly pretty?” I asked and he shook his head.

“Not in my mind she’s not, I hate blond girls and you know it,” he said as we walked back to the others and Jack smiled at us.
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys that comment... your kind of the coolest people ever :D