Remembering Sunday

The world better prepare, for when I'm a billionaire

As they wandered upstairs I went to check the mail and found a package for Alex and one for myself, I opened my own as I walked upstairs and was reading the note as I walked in to see Alex sat with Jack and Lou and Kate sat on her on.

I heard voices but wasn’t really paying much attention.

‘Lexi, I hope your okay and things are going well for you. I came to visit you in hospital but I guess you never wanted me there and you had every right, I’m so sorry I did what I did but I can’t take it back even if I wish I could. Anyway I was packing up the other day because I was offered a job in Canada and seeing as I have nothing to stick around here for I’m taking it and I found these, you must have missed them when you came to pick stuff up. I would’ve dropped them off myself but I think you made it clear you didn’t want to see me and I’m not really sure where your living right now, so I found Alex’s address and sent them to him, I figured you’d see him or he’d know where to find you. Anyway by the time you get this I’ll have most probably left (I go on the 19th) but I just wanted to give you these and say that I’m sorry and bye. Greg xxx p.s if you ever want to get in contact with me for anything I wrote my new address and cell phone number on the back of this’

I turned it over and put the number and address in my phone before putting the note back in the package and pulling out the contents; there was a set of earrings, a couple of cd’s, some gloves and a necklace.

I put everything back but the necklace, that I recognized straight away and smiled, I’d not seen it in years and I just plain forgot about ever owning it.

“What’s that?” Jack asked and I looked up aware that everyone was now looking at me.

“Oh just some stuff of mine, Greg left for Canada yesterday, he’s got a new job,” I stated.

“What’s that?” Alex asked and I smiled throwing it at him and he caught it.

“Whoa I forgot all about this, Jack look,” he said handing it to him and he smiled.

“Your guitar pick from our first night of our first ever tour,” Jack said and Alex nodded as I took it from Jack.

I put it with the rest of the stuff and walked into the bedroom putting it on the bed before remembering the other package.

“Oh this came for you,” I said throwing it at him and he jumped as it hit his chest and glared at me.

“Thanks, whoa Ally don’t go throwing that around,” he said and I looked at him confused.

“Is that what I think it is?” Jack asked as Alex practically ripped it open.

“Yes,” Alex said standing up and Jack jumped up and they hugged each other and I looked at them.

“Why are you 2 so in love?” I asked and Alex let go laughing and doing his ‘I’m a man’ voice, which he never quite pulled off.

“Look at it,” he said holding it towards me and I saw the plain cd.

“What a mixtape of your favorite love longs?” I joked and he smiled.

“Yeah exactly, I had it custom made for Jack, no it’s our new album,” he said and I smiled.

"Oh so that’s why you were acting like teenage girls,” I said and he smiled as he hugged me.

“Daddy’s going to be rich baby,” he said and I looked at him.

“My dad does pretty well yes but please lets not start the daddy name on yourself because your not a gangster or a pimp Alex,” I said and he laughed.

“Oh come on just one time,” he said and I shook my head.

“Can we put it on?” Jack asked and Alex shrugged handing him the cd and he put it on.

I went to get everyone a drink and he followed me.

“Babe we need to talk,” he said and I looked at him.

“Twice in one day?” I asked and he smiled nodding.

“This album, it has a few songs on it,” he said and I smiled.

"Isn’t that what most albums have on them?” I asked and he nodded awkwardly.

“Alex I know what your trying to tell me, there’s songs on there about me,” I stated and he nodded.

"Nothing bad, oh crap,” he said and I looked at him.

“There’s one on their about Kate.”

“Aww you wrote one about her?” I asked and he looked awkward.

“Not a good one, it’s about breaking her heart,” he said looking behind him and I smiled.

“Bastard,” I stated and he smiled.

"Love you,” he said hugging me.

“Sorry for asking her back I just didn’t know what to say,” he admitted and I smiled.

“It’s okay, she seems nice,” I replied and he grabbed the drinks from me carrying them through.

Alex made Jack turn the cd off and then realized we had to make conversation.

We sat talking for awhile and then Alex made the excuse he had to be up early as a hint that Kate should probably go home and she picked it up and said she better be going and we said bye and then Jack left as well.

I went to tidy up in the kitchen and walked back into the bedroom to see Alex reading my letter unaware I was watching.

“Excuse me,” I said and he jumped throwing it down and I smiled.

“Guilty? Much!” I stated and he shook his head the nodded.

“Sorry I just saw how interested you were in that letter and I wanted to know what it said. Sorry,” he offered and I nodded and he walked off.

I got changed and heard him talking and walked to see him curled up on the couch with Lou.

“I always do the wrong thing, I should’ve just asked about the letter not tried to read it. I don’t know why I’m like this I was never bothered before. Lou are you ignoring me?” he asked and I smiled.

“Lou,! She’s stood right there listening isn’t she?” he asked and I smiled.

“Yeah she is,” I replied and he sat up.

“I thought you’d have gone to bed,” he stated and I shook my head.

"Why are you out here?” I asked and he looked confused.

“I’ve been a jerk so I‘m sleeping on the couch”, he said as if it was blatantly obvious.

“Okay did I say you had to?” I asked and he shook his head.

“Then why did you think that?” I asked.

“I was reading your letter,” he stated and I nodded.

“Yeah you were, you should’ve just asked but I’m not mad at you. It’s not like it’s anything major or that I was hiding it so stop being an idiot,” I said and he stood up.

I turned and walked back into the bedroom and he appeared in the doorway.

I felt him get in bed and then he wrapped him arm around me.

“Sorry babe,” he said and I nodded and he fell silent again and I went to sleep.

The next few days were fine but something was on his mind and he refused to tell me anything was wrong.