Remembering Sunday

While my tongue is on the inside of some other girl's teeth

* Alex’s Pov *

Lexi was here! Who was she to go out with my friends!

That’s right my friends, take what she wanted but not them, they were mine before her and they’ll be mine after.

I felt someone squeeze my arm and saw Kate looking up at me, why was she so much shorter than Lexi?

“What?” I asked and she smiled.

“I said I missed hanging out with you,” she practically shouted in that Californian accent I disliked.

“Oh yeah same,” I lied and she smiled at me, why did that look like a triple date going on?

That definitely looked like 3 couples out on a date together.

Hang on why do I care?

Lexi’s a stupid bitch, a pretty one though; damn she looked good in that dress.

No Alex she’s a bitch! I told myself focusing back on Kate.

“Hey do you like my skirt? I bought it with that Bailey chick the other day,” she asked and I nodded.

“Yeah your outfit looks nice,” I lied, or lack of it; why did she feel the need to wear practically no clothes all the time?

Did someone never tell her if you show it all off nobody will want it?

Keep it under wraps and guys will want to find out more, Lexi would never… don’t finish that sentence Alex!

I was having an argument with myself, how totally sane was I?

Kate moved my hand to her back and I knew better than to fight against her, letting her get her way was easier.

She said something and I didn’t hear so I leant down so she could talk in my ear.

“I said isn’t that Lexi and Jack? They make such a cute couple, she makes Jack look happy,” she said and I pulled away nodding before looking over.

How close did Jack want to be to her?

He can get his filthy hands off her!

Kate got closer to me her body touching my own as she flicked her blond hair from her shoulder and I forced a smile to my face, who was I kidding she wasn’t what I wanted; not in a million years.

She was everything I disliked in girls, in your face and just totally over confident in her body. She knew guys liked her body and that they stared more when her skirts were shorter and her tops tighter.

She knew she could have guys eating out the palm of her hand, well not this one.

Who was I even fooling?

I was letting her throw herself at me just because it was easier to let it happen, it was easier to let her flirt with me than let her know I was uncomfortable.

I noticed Lexi lean on Jack’s shoulder and he glared at me, who’s he to glare at me, doesn’t he get what he’s doing right now?

That’s it Jack I break up with her and you move right on in, you get her while she’s on the rebound Jack why don’t you, I shouted at him in my mind.

What the fuck was he doing?

He was closer than he should be, he was definitely within kissing range and she wasn’t moving away! Why aren’t they moving apart, why isn’t someone stopping them!

I stared in complete shock as my best friend stood mere inches from my ex girlfriend, I saw Jack move the smallest bit closer and I felt sick, betrayed by them both.

He was going to go in for the kill; he was going to make out with her in front of me.

I was not letting this happen and before I even thought I grabbed Kate kissing her.

I smelt her overwhelming perfume as she practically forced her tongue in my mouth, nice Kate lets not be too forward and give yourself away! I thought as I stayed kissing her, it was pathetic and I pulled away.

I saw Jack start to move towards me and he smiled waving.

“Alex dude I never saw you, hey Kate,” he said smiling.

“I’d love to stay but I really got to dash, I’ve got somewhere I need to be,” he said, was he going home with Lexi!

He was taking her home with him; well she lived with him right now but not the right sort tonight. He was taking her home to sleep with her!

He waved before walking off and I felt rage course through my veins, how dare her take her home with him.

“Kate I’ll be back in 1 minute, why don’t you go see Zack look,” I said pointing them out and she nodded.

I pushed through everyone to see Jack on the sidewalk with Lexi, his arm wrapped around her waist.

“Jack!” I shouted and I saw her flinch recognizing my voice before Jack turned around.

“What?” he shouted.

“A word!” I shouted back and he kissed the side of her head before walking over to me.

“What?” he asked pissed.

“Don’t give me that, what are you doing?” I snapped.

“Me? What are you doing? Nice make out session with Kate, why don’t you think before you shove your tongue down someone’s throat?” he growled under his breath.

“I could say the fucking same,” I snapped and he shook his head.

“Leave it out Alex,” he said turning away from me and I grabbed his arm.

“Don’t you dare do this,” I warned.

“Do what Alex, be a good guy?” he asked innocently but I knew that face, I knew that person.

His intentions appeared good and he had the face of an angel but he’d sleep with her when they got home.

“No, don’t do what your going to do,” I snapped and he shook his head pulling away from me and I grabbed him pulling him inches from my face.

“I’m warning you, don’t you dare sleep with her because I’ll kill you,” I said calmly and he smiled moving closer to me.

“You can’t stop us doing anything, now get off me I’ve got somewhere to be,” he said pushing me from him.

I grabbed him raising my hand and he just laughed at me.

“If we get home and I want to take her to bed; I’ll take her to bed Alex and we can be together all night long, but sure punch me because that’ll really help you right now, you hit me and she’ll take my side. I’ll get sympathy from her and well then that’ll only make her want me more won’t it?” he whispered and I clenched my fist before dropping it.

“You disgust me and consider this friendship over, she’s not yours to have Jack and you know it,” I said and he shrugged.

“But she’s not yours to stop me either,” he said before walking back over to her and wrapping both his arms around her waist from behind puling her against him.

I didn’t know whether to punch something or cry; she wasn’t his to have.

She wasn’t mine to have either I’d made sure of that, dammit Alex you utter moron.

You’d always known she thought he was cute and well Jack admitted if he’d never known her and met her randomly he’d like her, I’d caused this.

I’d pushed them together I thought as they got in a taxi together heading towards his apartment.

How could he do this, how could he say them things?

How could I live seeing them 2 together?

If they got together every time they touched I’d feel sick, she was mine!

Lexi Nelson & Alex Gaskarth not Lexi Nelson and Jack Barakat!

I leant against the wall, why did I do this to myself, why did I let myself get into these situations?

I shook my head pushing myself up straight, I needed to drink and I needed to do it now!

They’d be home by now.