Remembering Sunday

Was she worth this

I walked back in to see Kate with the others and they all looked over, I ordered shots downing them before getting another drink and downing that.

“Alright calm down,” Rian said and I pushed him from me.

“Alex,” he snapped.

“Don’t you start, I’ve had it with you guys, some friends you are. I saw you all just letting 2 them make out. Thanks guys nice one, thanks for standing by and letting my best friend and my ex screw me over,” I snapped at him and his eyes widened.

“Alex shut up before Kate hears you, is that what you want?” he asked and I shrugged as he dragged me away.

I grabbed his drink from him downing it and the vodka burnt my throat.

“What are you on about them making out? They never kissed,” he argued.

“Really so they got that close and never made contact, they wanted to kiss and they did,” I said clenching my fist as I saw it in my mind again.

“Regardless of what they did or didn’t want they never kissed, I saw them. Yes they were very close and there was a moment it looked like they might but Jack would never betray you like that,” Rian tried to reassure me.

“Really? So why did I catch him taking her home?” I shouted and he quietened me.

“She's living there until she gets a new place,” he said and I shook my head.

“No Rian he was ‘taking her home’ taking her home. I told him not to and he said if he wanted to take her to bed he would because there was nothing to stop him. I said she wasn’t his to have but he just smiled and said she wasn’t mine to stop,” I snapped and his eyes widened.

“He said that?” he asked and I nodded feeling anger race through me.

“Yes, he’s taking her home to sleep with her! They’ll be home already; he’ll probably be undressing her already. His dirty, lying, betraying hands will be all over that perfect body. He’ll be taking her to his bed! She has no place in that bed, no place in any bed,” I growled.

“But yours?” Rian asked and my body shook from anger.

“He’s betraying me! I hate finding out I trusted someone I shouldn’t,” I snapped and he laughed.

“No Alex your just jealous. It wouldn’t matter if it was Jack, me, Greg or that guy over there,” he said pointing to some guy on the dance floor.

“Either way you’d be as jealous as hell. You made out with Kate in front of her, she was upset and Jack, well his heart’s in the right place,” he said.

“It’s not the location of his heart I’m worried about,” I snapped slamming my hand on the table.

“Yeah but you can’t expect her to be celibate just because she’s not with you,” he reasoned.

“Yeah but it’s hardly a lot to ask for it to not be Jack that sleeps with her,” I snapped back.

He shook his head.

“Alex why’d you break up with her? Honestly,” he demanded.

“She’s a bitch,” I snapped and he rolled his eyes.

“Don’t lie,” he cut in.

“Kate, because of Kate,” I admitted.

“Then why do you even care Jack might be in bed with Lexi as we speak? Why aren’t you over there holding Kate and telling her she’s pretty?” he asked.

“Because I don’t want to, I don’t want her,” I admitted.

“Then why do this? Why break up with Lexi and make out with Kate?” Rian asked and I rested my head on the table.

“Because I wanted to,” I argued back.

“So what you saw Kate and thought I want to sleep with her so bye Lexi, although Kate don’t get too excited because I don’t actually want to be with you? You’re a pig,” he snapped at me.

I stayed quiet knowing he was totally right.

“You have no fucking right to be telling Jack what he can or can’t do with that girl because right now he seems to be the only one who really cares about her,” Rian barked.

“He doesn’t care about her, he just wants sex,” I shouted.

“What like you? You sold everything you had with her just to sleep with Kate, was it worth it Alex? Was she any better than you remember?” he asked and I felt tears in my eyes.

Who was I to cry? I’d brought this about my self, as usual.

“I haven’t…we haven’t,” I started.

“Oh tonight’s the night is it? Well I’d hate to keep you, off you go Alex, take Kate home and have sex, I hope you wake up in the morning and realize what you’ve done,” Rian growled.

It was a lie that I wanted to sleep with Kate, that was not why I broke up with Lexi, my Lexi.

I looked over to see Kate flirting with some guy and I didn’t even care, he could have her, he probably wanted her more than I ever had done.

“I don’t want Kate, I never wanted Kate. Its just…difficult,” I mumbled and Rian shook his head.

“You know I’m sick of people dumbing down for you. You’re a jerk, you’ve treated Lexi like crap for too long and you treated Kate no better. Stop being a kid and grow up! If you love her you love her if you don’t you don’t, stop fucking around Alex. Don’t break up with her and then go off the wall when you see Jack hanging out with her, regardless of what you 2 are Jack is her friend and he’ll never leave her side for you again. Right now he deserves her far more than you,” Rian snapped standing up and grabbed him.

“What’s that meant to mean?” I growled at him.

“If Jack does do something then if I’m honest, I’d be happy for him; he gets looked down on for being the player of the group, well he’s not he’s good to girls he’s just never found the right one. You have but you mess her around. Oh and for the record if you didn’t care about her; one you wouldn’t be this jealous and 2 when you thought about Jack sleeping with her you wouldn’t be thinking about her ‘perfect body,’” he quoted.

I let go pushing past him.

“Alex!” he shouted and I shook my head.

“Fuck off all of you!” I shouted pushing my way outside again, I felt sick as I walked down the street.

How could they all do this?
♠ ♠ ♠
Jack and Lexi...yes or no?