Remembering Sunday

Just give me one more chance to make it right

“Alex were you here all night?” Jack asked as he wandered from his room sleepily and I nodded from the couch, I’d barely slept at all.

“Alex I’m sorry,” he said and I shook my head.

“I can’t Jack I just can’t, I left last time without fighting for her and I won’t do it again. I won’t give up on her,” I said quietly.

“You have to if it’s what she wants,” he said and I felt tears in my sore eyes again.

I stayed there until she walked out the room at midday.

“Why are you here?” she asked.

“I’m not leaving,” I stated.

“I’m not in love with Jack so you can go now,” she said and I shook my head.

“Not without you, Lexi I’ve fucked up, big time. I’ve broken your heart to save my own, I was wrong and you were right. Please babe just let me prove myself to you,” I begged.

“Alex I can’t just give in when you cry, you did this now deal with it!” she shouted and I shook my head.

“No, I don’t know how to be with anyone else. I don’t know how to love another girl and I never want to. I’m just scared of being left again; I’m scared you’ll do this. Please Lexi just come home and talk to me about this,” I begged her.

“I don’t have a home, you kicked me out! Alex you ruined everything for me, Bailey and I don’t talk; she’d rather hang out with Kate! Just please leave me alone,” she begged me.

“Lexi I’ll fix it all, I love you baby. If I fix everything I’ve ever done wrong will you give me a shot?” I asked.

She rolled her eyes.

“Ally, will you give me a shot?” I asked and she sighed.

“I’ll think about it,” she said and I smiled.

“Thank you!” I shouted before running out the apartment, I opened the door again.

“You can come around home anytime you want,” I said and she nodded before I left again.

* Lexi’s Pov *

I sat down taking a bite from Jack’s toast and he just looked at me.

“So what are you doing?” he asked and I shrugged.

“Lexi you can’t let him think he’s got a chance if he hasn’t its not fair,” he snapped at me.

“What and you doing that last night was?” I asked and he shook his head.

"I did that to make him react, I’d never kiss you normally,” he argued.

“So what was that about in the club?” I asked and he shook his head.

“The less said about that little moment the better, if you felt so awkward why’d you get in my bed?” he asked and I rubbed my eyes.

“Because Alex had just been making out with Kate in front of me, you’re my friend Jack. We were watching a movie,” I argued and he sighed.

“Can we not argue? I don’t have a girlfriend because of these very reasons so lets not make this friendship into it,” he said and I nodded.

“I’m sorry if I was out of line,” he offered and I smiled.

“Me too,” I said and he hugged me.

“Lexi don’t get his hopes up,” he stated and I nodded before turning the TV on.

"It's Alex Jack he won't fix it, he's too proud to admit he's ever done wrong; his ego would never allow it," I stated and Jack nodded slowly.