Remembering Sunday

I never thought the day would come to say sorry for the things I’ve done

6 hours later and my phone rang to see it as Alex.

“Hello,” I answered.

“Can you come home please, I have something for you,” he said and I sighed.

“Ally you said you’d give me a shot and I have something for you okay, so please just come round?” he asked and I rolled my eyes.

“Okay,” I stated.

“Can you bring Jack as well please?” he asked.

“Yeah okay, we’ll be around in a bit,” I said.

“Thank you babe,” he said and I heard the smile in his voice.

We both got ready walking round, I expected arguments and more shouting and tears but I never expected what I actually got. I knocked on the door to see Alex open the door; I saw both of our parents, Kate, Bailey, Zack, Rian and their girlfriends. I heard Lou bark and I bent down petting him.

“Jack will you sit there and Lexi here,” he said and we did as we were told. I noticed Alex looked really nervous.

“Alex why are we here?” I asked and he looked up.

“I need to talk to everyone, I guess I can start with Bailey. Bailey we used to get on so well back in high school, I know I ruined that when I broke up with Lexi and I know your only bitchy to me because your looking out for her and I guess I should thank you for it rather than be a jerk to you. I’m sorry for making you lose your friends when we left for California and I don’t for one second believe you really hate Jack, you just miss him and you don’t want to admit it,” Alex said and Bailey just looked at him.

“I’m sorry I made Lexi and you fall out, you should forget everything we do and forget Kate. You guys were best friends and nothing we do should ever stop that, you have a business together Bailey and you’ve probably both said things you regret so just start over and be best friends again please?” he asked and she smiled.

“I don’t hate you Lexi, I’m sorry I was a bitch and I don’t say this often but Alex is right. Best friends?” she asked and I smiled nodding.

“Kate, I’m sorry I’ve always been a heartless jerk to you. I never treated you the way you deserve to be treated, your plain not my type and you never will be. You’re a nice girl and we can be friends but nothing more will ever become of this, I really am sorry and if I let you think this was going somewhere recently I was wrong too,” he said and she nodded looking unbothered by his comments.

“Can I go now?” she asked and he looked at her.

“I’ve got a date in an hour and however nice it was for you to apologize I really want to go get ready,” she said and he nodded smiling.

She stood up hugging him before walking out.

“You guys,” he said turning on Zack, Rian and their girlfriends.

“I was an utter jerk last night and I apologize for behaving that way and Rian for shouting at you after they left,” he said and they all nodded.

“Mom and dad I’m sorry I’ve been a dick to you as well recently, I’ve been like it with everyone and I should’ve just dealt with the real issue then take it out on everyone,” he said as I just watched him.

Was he really doing this? How was he doing this? He was actually apologizing for everything and fixing everything, Alex hated admitting he was wrong.

He turned to my mom and dad who looked totally confused.

“Mr and Mrs Nelson, I know I said I’d never hurt her again but I did and I broke up with her. Your right I’m not good enough for her and she shouldn’t trust me ever again and I’m sorry I let you guys down, your like family as well or at least you used to be but then I ruined that as well,” he said and they looked at me worried that I’d never told them.

“Jack I know it doesn’t make it right but you brought last night on yourself. You know not to joke around with her like that but I shouldn’t be dictating what she can and can’t do especially when I made it none of my business but also thank you for making me see what I’d done. Brothers?” he asked and Jack asked.

“From other mothers baby!” he replied and Alex laughed.

He looked at me and I shook my head and his face fell.

“How?” I asked and he looked at me chewing his lip.

“How what?” he asked.

“How did you do all this?” I asked.

“I meant what I said, I’d do anything Lexi. I know I have messed this up and messed you around more times than I should’ve and I know you don’t have to give me any more chances, I don’t deserve them but I just want one more,” he begged with me.

“I will do anything to make you forgive me, I don’t want to argue or fight and I don’t want to be apart. California was the hardest thing for me, knowing that we’re miles apart was awful but knowing you were there when I came home made things better. Lexi if I could I’d take you everywhere with me, you’d come on tour but you can’t leave your job and I know that. You’re the same girl I fell in love with all them years ago and I still feel that way about you; every time I think about you I smile, when you talk I listen and we all know that’s something special,” he said and they all smiled in agreement.

“I still think I’m lucky that you ever gave me a chance and I still wonder how I ever managed to make you love me, I’d do anything for you Ally. I love you Lexi Nelson and I promise you I will never mess this up again,” he admitted and I looked at him knowing he wasn’t lying.

“I know you do Alex and you know I love you too but I can’t do this anymore, what makes this time any different to all the others?” I asked and he looked like he’d throw up.

“Because Lexi I’ve been a big kid about us for too long, I completely mean what I say and I’m willing to prove it,” he said as he stood in front of me.

“I’ll prove it this way,” he said getting on one knee and Jack looked the most shocked out of everyone.

“Ally I love you, please marry me?” he asked and I looked at him as he stared at me wide eyed.

Everyone looked at me for the answer and I just shook my head and he looked like he was dying.

“No,” I said and he closed his eyes.