Remembering Sunday

Trying to tell me how to feel

It’d been 2 weeks since I saw Alex at the club and everything was strange between us still, we’d been in a relationship for 5 years and trying to push that aside to be his friend was difficult but I knew he was struggling too.

Things were really easy with him and it never felt awkward being around him but sometimes I found myself asking whether what we were doing was appropriate.

I hated the fact he’d found out about Greg that way but then if it was up to me I don’t think I’d have ever told him, despite him being nice about it I knew Alex hated it.

Bailey didn’t see it but then she didn’t know him like I did, I could see the way he looked every time Greg’s name was mentioned.

I walked back into the office after my lunch break to see Bailey “Have fun?” she asked and I nodded.

“Did you meet Greg?” she asked and I shook my head. “You met Alex didn’t you?” she asked and I nodded.

“Lexi stop seeing so much of him!” she shouted and I felt guilty.

“Why?” I asked already knowing the answer.

“Because you’re getting into dangerous territory, what if he starts liking you again?” she snapped and I shook my head.

“That’s not going to happen we both agreed on friends, it’s been 2 years since I last saw him we’ve got a lot to talk about” I replied getting back to work.

“That’s the problem he’s all you ever talk about! I’m going to lunch I’ll see you later!” she said slamming the door behind her and I rolled my eyes.

I knew it was dangerous what we were doing but I trusted Alex more than anyone else, he might of chosen his friends over me but he never once lied to me.

He knew I had a boyfriend and I knew that whether he had feelings for me or not he’d never do anything, Bailey was just paranoid but she didn’t know Alex like me she didn’t know how careful he was around me.