‹ Prequel: Fiction

Almost Easy

GET ME OUT OF THIS MOTHER ***ING VAN!

**Lexus POV**

Today is tour day, and we just finished packing all our shit in the van's little trailer thing that was attached to the back. We piled into the van and Kevin, the bass player was driving. Marty was with him in the passenger seat, and Jade, Derek, Nick, Ronnie, and me were in the back seats.

"Here's the list of the bands and staff that are on the tour." Marty said as he passed the paper to the back. They passed it around muttering random, "Hell yeah!" 's as they read the names of bands on the list when the letter got to me, I read it and as I looked over the list I saw several bands that I liked like Bullet for my Valentine, Blessthefall, and then, I saw something that made me stop. My hand started to shake and I dropped the paper on the floor. One of the bands touring was none other than, Avenged Sevenfold, and one of their roadies, just happened to be 'Heather Sullivan.'

"Oh no..oh no..oh no...HELL NO! LET ME OUT OF THIS MOTHER FUCKING VAN!" I yelled as I tried to reach for the door handle, but Jade stopped me before I could open it.

"What the hell Lexus?! Calm down, its okay. What the hell is wrong?" Jade told me as she tried to hold me down.

"I can't go on this tour, I'm sorry guys but turn this van around right now, I can't do this, please don't make me go!" I said and tears started going down my face.

Why? Why is this happening? I tried so hard to avoid them whenever they would be in town, or whenever I would get calls from Huntington. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see my family, and Heather, but I can't go back. They probably hate me for leaving them.

"Lex, please don't cry." Jade told me as she soothed me.

"I'm so sorry..please take me back."

"Lexus I care about you and all, but we can't go back hun, we're already half way to the venue we can't go back now. Just calm down, we're here for you nothing bad is going to happen. Aren't you excited to meet all the bands?!" He told me trying to cheer me up. The last thing I want is to meet the bands.

"No." I told him flatly as I lay down on Jade, still shaking. I have no choice, I have to finish this tour. Maybe I can avoid them? Four months..is a long time, I'm bound to run into them eventually. Oh gosh I'm so scared. I fell asleep on Jade's lap and then was woken up, because we had arrived to the first venue.

"Come on Lex, the guys need to have rehearsal. We have to set up the merch booth." She told me as we started packing things out of the van. I was so paranoid, looking around every 5 seconds to make sure that I wasn't seeing any familiar faces.

After Jade and I finished setting up the merch booth, she went inside the venue in search of the guys, while I stayed watching the booth. I was looking at the merch, trying to get it in order. I was extremely nervous, and paranoid right now.

Then I heard a familiar voice, "LEXUS!" I felt some strong male arms embrace me.

"B-Brian.." I muttered as I inhaled his scent. Oh god, how I missed my dad.

"You called me Brian...." He said as he let me go and looked around awkwardly.

"Dad...I missed you so much." I said crying and giving into him. I hugged him with all that I could. No words can describe the feeling I'm feeling right now. There's no love, like the love your family gives you. Being here in my dad's arms makes me regret everything, makes me wish I would have gotten off that plane three years ago, but right now I'm not thinking straight.

"I missed you more than you can imagine honey...why? Why would you leave like that? Don't you love us? Didn't you think of how much you hurt me and your mother? How much you hurt Heather? Why?!? Oh I'm just so happy to see you again! You look different, you dyed your hair! And you got tattoos, oh gosh so many tattoos, and piercings. Oh gosh.." He was crying. I made the all mighty Synyster Gates cry. I'm a horrible person.

I couldn't reply. I couldn't talk. I was crying too much.

Jade came back and said, "Uh..what the fuck.?"

"Umm..Jade, this is my dad." I sniffled.

"Is this why you didn't want to come on tour? Your last name is Haner..and his last name is Haner....wow. Lexus...why didn't you ever tell me? Is this why you would never tell me about your past?"

"I thought you probably wouldn't believe me anyways, so I didn't bother to tell you.."

She just sighed and shook her head.

"Lexus, you need to come with me, you have to see Heather, you have no idea how much you leaving affected her." Dad told me. I looked over at Jade.

"Go, Lex." She told me.

Dad grabbed my hand and led me to who knows where. We walked into a big tour bus and he yelled, "Everyone! Come to the living room area!" I saw the room instantly fill with all the members of Avenged Sevenfold, the roadies, and Heather. I looked down in shame. I couldn't meet any of their eyes. It would kill me.

I felt someones small arms around me and instantly realized it was Heather, I then felt tears on my shirt. She looked up and told me, "Come talk to me, in private." She said to me as she grabbed my hand and took me to another section of the bus that was alone, and she closed the door.

"What the fuck Lexus?! You left us, and just replaced us with another family, like we meant nothing to you?! Do you know how much I suffered because you left? Do you know what you put ALL of us through when you left?" She yelled at me as tears ran down her face.

"Heather, I did not fucking replace you guys! You guys are my only family, how can you think that I replaced you? I could never replace you even if I tried. I will never have a close bond with another person, like the one I had with you guys."

"Oh yeah, and what about that fucking band you're touring with? I bet you, you got a new best friend too, huh? I haven't moved on Lex, I haven't been able to."

"That BAND is not my family. The girl that lives with me, she's helped me put my life back together, but I'll never be as happy as I used to be back home. Her boyfriend, sings in the band, and they were in desperate need of a merch girl, so I decided to help them out. They are NOT my family, not even close. And do you think I've had it easy?! My life is HELL, Heather. I had to live on the fucking streets until I managed to get a job at a fucking BAR. Do you how dangerous the streets of Jersey are? You guys were always on my mind, it felt like every single thing I would see would remind me of you guys. I couldn't even go to the beach, or enjoy myself because everything made me want to go back to Huntington. Every day I thought about getting a plane ticket back, but I didn't because all I ever did was cause problems. I'm a horrible person, Heather. I know you all hate me now, but I love you guys. You are my family, and my only family." I said as I felt my knees get weak, but Heather held on to me before I could fall.

"You're not a horrible person, and we don't hate you. We love you, Lex. We were so worried, we felt like you didn't care about us anymore. I'm just happy to have you back in my life.." Heather told me as she hugged me. I missed her so much.

"Come one everyone else is waiting." She told me as she led me back into the living room area.

Everyone was still there waiting for us, I assume. Brian, I mean Dad, got me and sat me down on the couch. Everyone looked at me, observing me. I just kept my eyes in the floor.

"You.....Why.....How...." Johnny started, but then just sighed. I kept my eyes on the floor.

"You have got some explaining to do, where the hell did you go? Why did you leave? How did you make it out there, and what is your job? How have you been? Who's the band you're touring with, and WHY are you touring with them?" Dad said asking too many questions all at once.

I sighed and said, "I went to Newark, New Jersey. I left because all I ever did back in Huntington was cause problems, and I'm sure leaving would have made things for all of you guys so much easier. When I got to Jersey, I had no idea what the hell to do, so I got a cheap motel, as I struggled to find a job. I soon ran out of money, and had to live on the streets and beg for money. I ended up getting a job at a bar in Jersey, and met someone there that let me stay in her apartment as long as I helped with bills and such. I've been horrible, but I can manage. The band I'm touring with is Faded Memories and the lead singer is the boyfriend of the girl I moved in with. When they desperately needed another merch girl, I agreed to do it, so I could help them out, and get away from Jersey." I finished out of breath.

"Did you know we were on the tour?" Jimmy asked.

"No, I didn't find out until we were almost to the venue." I told him, finally looking them in the eye. All, but Zack. I couldn't look at him. I wouldn't allow myself to.

"Oh my poor baby" Dad said as he got up and hugged me, once again. He kissed my forehead and started telling me how much he missed me, and how mom is going to be so happy once he tells her. I sighed. Mom, Lacey, Val, and Leanna. I want to see them. I miss them so much.

Then Jimmy soon came and joined the hug, then Heather, then Johnny, then Matt, then the berry brothers, and Bob, who I remembered to be their merch person.

"Guys, I love you, but I have to go back to the merch booth." I really did have to leave, but I also wanted some time to myself.

"Lexus, can you just promise me one thing?" Dad told me.

"What?"

"Don't ever leave us again, please. We love you, more than anything in the world." He said.

"I can't promise you anything Dad..." I told him honestly.

In that moment I could feel his heart break just by looking at his eyes, and I instantly regretted it. He hugged me one more time, and then Jimmy said, "Well we're going to hunt you down, Lexus! We love you too much to let you go again." He said as he squeezed me in a hug. I told them goodbye, and turned around to leave. As I was walking out I saw Heather whisper something in Zack's ear, and saw him nod. I sighed, again. Why do I still love him?
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohh shiat.

3 comments love (: