‹ Prequel: Fiction

Almost Easy

Nah, we're just old friends.

I was dancing with Ronnie, trying to get my mind off things when I saw a very pissed off looking Heather walking towards me. What did I do wrong?

"Lexus, can we please talk?" She asked me, glaring at Ronnie.

"Oh, uh yeah sure, I'll be right back Ronnie."

"Okay." He told me as he continued to dance with someone else.

She pulled me to a more quiet corner in the room.

"Did you talk to Zacky?" She questioned.

"Yes. and I don't want to listen to him try to lie his way out of this." I told her, somewhat annoyed by her behavior. She's MY best friend, she should be on my side.

"Are you fucking serious? You need to listen to what he says because what he has to say, isn't a lie. When you left, he was a fucking mess. I mean I had just forgiven him the other day." Was he really a mess because of me? I thought.

"What he did was unacceptable." I told her. Heather was really hurting me right now.

"Yes, but he didn't do shit. It was all her. Now you better freaking talk to him and hear him out! He fucking loves you." She told me flatly.

"Ugh fine. But I'm only doing it because of you. Also, whats the deal with you and Mister Jason Berry?" I said wiggling my eyebrows at her. I would deal with Zacky later.

"Nothing really. We are just friends" She said looking at the ground trying to cover the big smile on her face.

"Yeah just friends" I said shoving her lightly. There's something going on between these two. I know it.

"Aye, shut up, go talk to Zacky. Oh! and can i have your number?" She told me smiling.

"Sure sure, phone?" I said holding out my hand. She handed me her phone and I put my number in there.

"I'll text you later."

"Alrighty."

"See you later" She said hugging me tightly, like she was afraid I'd leave again.

I guess I have to hear Zack's side of the story. If Heather is agreeing him, then maybe he is telling the truth. Doesn't mean I'm going to get back with him though.

I searched around for Zack, but I couldn't find him anywhere inside. I went outside to find him in the same exact spot I had left him earlier, with his hands on his head.

"Zack?" I approached him slowly.

"What do you want?" He told me coldly. I scoffed.

"Heather made me come out here and talk to you, so talk." I told him back, just as coldly.

He looked up at me with his beautiful green eyes, and I swear I felt my heart stop right then and there. It's been so long since I've had this feeling inside of me. I kinda missed it.

"Lexus...listen. That night, I was trying so hard to avoid her. She kept trying to talk to me, but I just kept ignoring her and walking away. I tried going upstairs to get some peace and quiet, but she cornered me in the hallway and started to kiss me. I tried pushing her off, and then you came into the room. I tried to tell you, but you wouldn't believe me and your dad sure as hell wasn't making the situation any easier! I loved you Lex, hell I still fucking love you more than life itself! I would NEVER do anything to hurt you, and I thought you knew that. When I found you left, I almost died. These past years, I've been drowning. I haven't been the same Lexus, and when I found out you were on this tour, I just knew I had to talk to you! Its fate, Lexus! We were both put on this tour for a reason, its all destiny. I love you so much...please believe me.." He said all while looking me in the eyes.

I searched his eyes, trying to find a lie in them, but I found nothing. He was being honest. I stayed quiet, for what seemed like hours, and he looked like he was about to burst into tears.

"Zack...I...I don't know what to say. I'm sorry...for everything..I.." I was then interrupted by his soft lips meeting mine. Oh my gosh..its been far too long. I've been longing for this ever since I left. Tears were running down my face as we kissed, but I didn't care. I have never felt whole, there was always something missing, but right here, right now. I feel complete.

We parted, and I put my head on his chest, tears still going down my face.

"I love you." I muttered.

"And, I love you." He told me kissing my forehead.

"Lets go walk.." I said to him. He grabbed my hand and we started walking to wherever the wind would take us. We stopped in what seemed like a small park that was near all the buses, and vans. I sat down on a rock, and Zacky joining me. He held onto me and I inhaled his scent. Just like old times. Back when things were perfect.

I lay on him, and we just stayed quiet, admiring the time we had together. I slowly felt myself closing my eyes, and falling asleep.

I later opened my eyes to Jade poking my cheek.

"Earth to Lexus and Zack!"

"Hmm?" I said getting off of Zack, and waking him up.

"Its time to go! We gotta head to the next venue!" She told me as we both stood up and stretched.

"I guess, I'll see you later?" He told me.

"Yep.." I said as I turned around to start walking towards the bus, but he grabbed me by my waist and turned me around, to give me a light, but sweet kiss on the lips. I smiled, and we exchanged our numbers. I then said goodbye to him and starting walking towards the bus with Jade.

"What was all that about?" She said winking at me.

"What are you talking about?" I said trying to avoid this conversation.

"You and Vengeance got something going on!" She said laughing.

"Nah, we're just old friends." I told her.

"Mhmm...whatever you say, Lex." She said not believing me. This is going to be a long drive.

I wonder..where does this leave Zack and I?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay the last one was extremely short and crappy, and this one is short as well. I'm so sorry. I'm trying to come up with more ideas!

At least 3 comments? I know it sucked :/

Writers Block >.<