‹ Prequel: Fiction

Almost Easy

Skittles, roses, and a memory.

Today 'Faded Memories' was having a signing at the merch booth so we had to stay a little bit later. There was actually quite a lot of people wanting to get their stuff signed, which made me happy to know that people are enjoying the guy's band.

When they finally finished Marty stood up and said, "Holy shit! That was a lot of fans! I wasn't expecting that much!"

"I know me neither, this is fucking awesome!" Derek said as he kissed Jade on the cheek, and she blushed. They're so cute together.

"Alright lets pack the things in the van, and head back to the hotel for the night, then by morning we have to be headed to the next venue."

"I'm not driving!" I shouted. I hate mornings, so it wouldn't be smart for me to drive.

"Me neither!" Said everyone except Kevin.

"What? Aww you guys suck! FUCK YOU!!! FUCK YOU!!!" Kevin told us jokingly. Looks like he's driving tomorrow morning.

When we arrived to the hotel we all went our separate ways. Jade and I shared a room so we headed towards ours together. When we entered the room and turned on the lights, we noticed skittles on the floor, leading towards one of the beds. Jade and I looked at each other questioningly.

We started following the trail of skittles until we got to the bed, were on top was a big bag of skittles, a rose, and a picture. I picked up the picture and examined it.

I felt butterflies in my stomach when I saw the picture that was in my hands. It was the one that Heather took of Zacky and I three years ago when we were kissing on graduation day.

I smiled at the memory, and picked up the rose. There was a small note attached to it.

I opened it and it read,
"Hey Lex (: I had this picture with me and decided to give it to you. I carried this picture with me everywhere I went for the last three years. It was kind of hard to give this to you, but I thought you would like it. I got you the skittles, because I remember you telling me that skittles was your favorite candy. Hope you liked my little surprise, I love you. Sincerely, Zack Baker <3

P.S. Don't ask how I got into the room. I'm Zacky Vengeance remember? I have my ways ;) love you!"

"How adorable!" Jade said picking up the letter and reading it.
"So, you still say you guys are just 'old friends'?" She said making quotation marks with her fingers when she said 'old friends'

"Yeah just old friends.." I told her with a huge grin on my face. I went and put the picture, skittles, and rose in a nice safe place.

I then took a nice, long shower and went to sleep with a huge smile on my face.

I was awoken early the next morning by Jade jumping on my bed.

"Stoppppp!" I muttered pulling the blankets over me.

"No! Get up we have to leave already! Come on, you can sleep in the van!" She told me as she dragged me out of bed.

"Can you give me a piggy back ride there?" I asked sweetly.

"Lazy ass...fine. Get on!" She said as I lazily jumped on her back. She carried me to the cafeteria and I saw my dad in there getting some coffee.

" Hello sunshine!" He told me hugging me tightly.

"Sunshine? Really dad?" I said laughing at him.

"Shut up." He said handing me some coffee.

"Well I have to get on the van now, see you at the next stop!" I said giving him another hug. You can never give too many hugs.

"Oh and Lexus, stay away from Bob." He told me seriously. I laughed.

"Bob? What's Bob gonna do?" I asked, still laughing. It just sounded so funny because of how serious he was. Bob was one of their merch guys.

"Just stay away from him. See you at the next stop!" He said giving me another hug, before I headed towards the van where everyone was waiting for me. When I walked outside I saw Bob smoking a cigarette and he smiled at me. I just laughed and went into the van.

I fell asleep for a couple hours, then woke up because my phone was ringing. I looked at the caller ID and saw it was Zacky.

"Pizza Hut, how may I help you?" I answered. I heard a laugh from the other side and then he said, "I think I have the wrong number."

"Nope, you got the right number, I've just always wanted to say that." I told him laughing.

"So did you like my gift?" He asked.

"Yep, I loved it, but you can't bribe me with things Baker, sorry. Nice try though, it was really sweet of you." I told him honestly.

"Well there's much more to come, you just wait." He told me slyly.

"You can't bribe me!!"

"I love you." He told me.

"I love you too. Wait was that a trick?" I said curiously.

"No!" He laughed.

"Oh so I was gonna ask you, why did my dad tell me to stay away from Bob? He was all, honey I don't want you hanging around with Bob, or whatever, hahahaa it was funny." I said trying to imitate my dad's voice, but failed miserably.

"Oh, Bob has a big crush on you. He told me when he saw the picture, that I gave you, and your dad heard and freaked out on him, and then he freaked out on me and told me to stay away from you, but now he's cool. I think..."

I started to laugh so hard.

"What's so funny?" Zack told me, since I was having a laughing fit.

"I can't imagine Bob having a crush on me, its hilarious! I always thought he was secretly gay or something cause he looks at my dad kinda funny, but I guess I was wrong! I'm totally gonna flirt with Bob now." I said jokingly, and Jade heard me and looked at me funny.

"Hey! You're supposed to flirt with me! So that's how it is? You're gonna ditch me for my merch boy! Thanks a lot Lexus." He told me laughing.

"Oh I'm just kidding, I wouldn't flirt with Bob, I still kinda think he's secretly gay for my dad, but whatever!" I told him still laughing so much at the thought.

We continued talking on the phone for about an hour until Nick threw a pillow at me and told me to shut up cause he was trying to sleep.

"I have to go now Zack, Nick sais that I'm interrupting his beauty sleep. BYE!" I said and hung up.

"Gee, Nick why do you have to be such a party pooper?" I said throwing the pillow back at him.

He stuck his tongue out at me and went back to sleep. I talked with Jade and the rest of the guys until we arrived at the next stop hours later.

This daily routine continued for weeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you guys so much for your lovely comments, I love reading them they make me so happy and hopeful for this story, thank you thank you thank you! You're amazing.

3 comments for the next update ;) What was your favorite part, and how are you liking the story so far? Any suggestions to make this story better? I'd love to hear!

I LOVE YOU!!