Status: Slowly Coming Along

Back, Bad, And Dressed In Black

Bop To The Top

The Thursday morning sun woke me up along with the loud screams of a metal band. Today was another school day, but tomorrow would mark the beginning of the weekend. It wasn't that big deal though since one day was like a whole week for me. With all the whispers and stares that could last a lifetime. The weekend was just way too far away for my liking. 
The only plus in my life was having Quinn, but I doubt he would be any good at school. The strict no talking in public rule put a damper on my social life but I would deal. A friend was a friend no matter what, and I was in no position to be denying friends based on the strictures they put on our friendship. 
I threw on an outfit and headed out of my room to do my hair and make-up. The house was quiet this morning, no sounds of my parents pestering each other about work. That meant only one thing: They were at work. 
I sighed lowly as I padded into the kitchen taking notice of their absence. My parents really were both at work leaving me with a French toast bagel from Panera on the table that I needed to toast and add cream cheese to. After doing that I ate it, checked myself in the mirror in the hallway to the front door, and grabbed my backpack before finally getting to my Ford Crossover. I turned the radio on high as I drove toward the school. 
I parked, took out my backpack, and walked towards the school. Whispers kept going and stares followed me as I swung my hips in that model way I could. Every eye would keep turning on me to watch, checking for a flaw in my skin, my outfit, my hair, my walk. They wanted me to trip, to break a heel, to mess up my hair. They wouldn't get it. 
I used to be on top. Even though I wasn't anymore, I was going to act like I was. 
The metal was cold and unforgiving as I pushed it open. Warm air conditioning welcomed me into the school all by myself instead of the usual group of student. They were all at the bottom of the stairs waiting for me to finish my entrance so they could make theirs. 
I was that much of a social outcast people stayed far away from me. I felt like I had some horrible, contagious virus so I need my own space. That would be better than the harsh reality of what was actually happening. A virus sounded pretty good when you were in my Frye boots. 
My eyes stayed focused on the wall in front of me. The wall couldn't move away from me like all the other students in the school who were practicually up against their lockers. I sighed inwardly as I walked into homeroom. Only a few people were there and they all immediately got up to go to the front of the room knowing I liked the back. Among these kids was Quinn. 
The day was going to be awful. What started off this bad could only keep going downward, there was no up. In my social world, if you tried to go up you would get pushed down. Down was the only way I could go, but I just tried to stay where I was. 
The bell rang for the first block of the day: English, for me. I grabbed my pink plaid backpack and headed into the hallway to get to my room. As usual I would be early since I had no one to walk with, no one to stop and talk to, nothing.
There was no use sitting on my mountain of self-pity though. No one was going to show any sign of sympathy. I had to start acting like I was leading this circus they called high school. I needed to take back what was mine. 
My mind wandered around the possibilities as I walked in the classroom and took a seat in the back. Plans were forming in my mind, ideas were drilling into my head. The plan would get me back Annie, a start. Ashley would be harder to get, but Annie, Annie would be easier. 
I grinned when I saw the black haired girl walk in looking distressed in her beat-up jeans, Dr. Martins, and band t-shirt. All her piercings were in, and let's face it; she looked horrendous. When I took her back she'd look like the girl she used to be. The girl I knew. 
One by one, I was planning my way back to the top and all I needed to do was hear the back-to-school project we were definitely going to get. 
♠ ♠ ♠
I have a series of three notes...
1) This is obviously a filler.
2) Next chapter should be up Sunday.
3) All chapters in this story will probs be done on my iPod since the "A" and "D" button are broken on my laptop. (as y'all as writers will know those are two important letters)

Comment.
Subscribe.
It's Chill.
(- thanks whoever commented and the subscribers that stuck around)
Next chapter Sunday:)