Vampires can Love Too

Introduction

My name is Aura and I am a vampire. I live with my family in Japan. I have one brother and his name is Felix. He is annoying most of the time and I go out of my way to avoid him. I have short sanguine hair and piercing green eyes. My best feature is my eyes. They can spellbind any human and they make hunting easier than it already is. I am very good at hunting and I am adept at erasing someone’s memory. My affinity for blood is anger. That means the angrier a person is the more it makes me crave their blood.

My lovelife is okay. I’ve had a couple of boyfriends, all of them vampires of course. I am single right now though. I’ve never been interested in being more than friends with a human. I’ll drink their blood and erase their memories though. I am eighteen years old and have been for several hundred years. My real age I refuse to reveal. I will take that secret to the grave. Right now I am looking for fresh blood in the streets of Japan.

There are a lot of people out right now. I hear their heartbeats and hear their blood coursing through their veins. It makes me thirsty. I spot a drunken person yelling at a young girl. He’ll do. I get in his face and he stops yelling. He stares at me spellbound. I know what he’s staring at. I bring him into the back alley. I can tell he’s getting excited. He thinks he’s got a girl who he can push. Boy is he wrong. I smile seductively at him and sink my fangs in his neck. He spasms and then relaxes. He begins to moan as I take his blood. I know that it’s just as pleasurable to him as it is to me. I drop him on the ground, discarded. I am full. Running at full speed I race towards my house.

I enter an empty house. My family is still hunting. I didn’t need much blood today because I filled up on it until I was sick yesterday. I go to my room and sit on my bed. I pull a book off my shelf and begin to read it. It’s a thriller about a gorgeous female vampire that is trying to avenge her family. A vampire hunter killed them a year ago. I shiver, I’m not sure I believe in vampire hunters but I know if I ever run into one I’ll kill them. They are dangerous and will kill thousands of vampires if left alone. I fall asleep and decide I’ll look for work tomorrow.