Vampires can Love Too

A bar, drinks, and a fight

“So what do you want to do, my love?”

I didn’t want to rain on his parade but I did have a job. “Ren, I have to work.”

Ren waved a hand absently my way. “I’ll just fix the manager’s mind earlier than planned, you can work tomorrow. What do you say?”

That didn’t sound bad, and I would be working tomorrow, so what could it hurt? “Sure, I don’t see the harm in that.”

Ren smiled at me, “Good. I wanted to hang out with you again.”

I laughed, “Yeah me too.”

We started walking towards the city, and upon arriving there, we looked around for a place that could treat us to a good time. We found a bar, and before going in Ren asked me if I was up to drinking. I nodded, after all alcohol didn’t affect vampires the same way it affected humans. In fact it was pretty hard to get drunk, a vampire had to want to get drunk or consume so much that it weighed more than the amount of blood they had drunk.

We entered and at down at a table.

A waitress came over to us and smiled, “What would you two like?”

“Red wine,” Ren said.

“A margarita,” I told the waitress.

Ten minutes later we got our drinks and while Ren sipped on his wine elegantly I drank mine at a normal pace. As the night went on Ren drank two more glasses of wine and I drank three more margaritas. Ren was getting this glowing look about him, as if he were elated.

“This is fun,” I said after my third margarita.

“It is,” Ren replied and snuggled against me.

I let out a sigh and snuggled against him as well.

“What do you want to do after this?” I asked.

Ren gazed into my green eyes and said, “How about we go back to your house and kiss a little?”

“Sure,” I said happily.

Ren settled back into me and we stayed like that for a little while.After a while we drank more and a drunken guy walked up to our table.

He said drunkenly, “Hey sweetie, lose that fake guy and go out with me.”

I glared at him and Ren hissed.

The guy just laughed, “You’ve got a protective boyfriend, but he’s obviously no good for you.”

“How do you know!” I hissed at him.

The drunken guy shrugged, “He just looks like trouble, a nice girl like you shouldn’t be associated with him.”

“SHUT. UP. BEFORE. I. HURT. YOU.” Ren said through clenched teeth.

The guy laughed, “Ooh I’m so scared.”

“You should be,” Ren said his eyes getting a dangerous look to them.

“Ren, honey.” I said putting my hand on his shoulder.

He looked back at me and seemed to snap out of it.

“I’m sorry Aura but this guy is asking for it.”

“So let me handle him,” I said grinning.

Ren seemed to get it and we got up. I walked seductively to the drunken guy and his eyes popped out.

I giggled and said, “You’re right, he’s way too much of a bad boy for my taste. I’d rather go out with you.”

“Dat’s right, girlie.”

“Let’s go make out,” I said and led him into a dark alley.

Ren was following but at a pace that the drunken guy couldn’t see. He leaned in to kiss me and I kicked him in the groin. He groaned and then I leaped on him. I drained the sucker then and there. After I was sated I turned to Ren.

“You did a convincing job back there Aura.”

I giggled, “Thanks.”

I went up to him and put my hand in his, “Now about that kissing we scheduled..”

Ren nodded and we ran as fast as we could to my house. No one was in yet. Thank goodness. We went to my room and once we were in I closed the door behind us. Ren was sitting on my bed and I joined him. He stroked my face and I smiled.

“You don’t know how much I love you,” he said sadly.

I blinked rapidly. “Yes I do. You love me a lot.”

Ren laughed sadly, “Yeah but you won’t make love to me, which is the official way of saying I love you.”

I frowned, “Ren when will you get it that loving someone only a couple of weeks isn’t anything but a crush? True love takes a long time to develop.”

Ren sighed, “For humans. Vampires move a lot quicker and our love is a lot deeper too.”

He did have a point.

“Yeah that is true.”

“See?” He said and I saw his eyes pleading.

My heart beat a lot quicker but I was going to remain calm.

I sighed, “Maybe Karin was right..Maybe you’re just a horny guy who only wants one thing from women..”

Ren dropped his hand from my face as if I had burned him. He looked hurt.

“How could you say that Aura?”

I sighed, “Because ever since you met me you’ve kept pestering me to sleep with you.”

In a firm voice I said, “Can’t you understand that I want to wait a little while so it can be something so special it brings tears to my eyes every time I think of it?”

Ren looked shocked to say the least. “You..Want me that bad and yet you don’t want to have sex?” I nodded.

He looked baffled, “I’ve never met anyone like you before..”

I smiled sadly, “I’m sorry Ren but I’m staying fixed on that. If you keep insisting on sleeping with me I’ll have to stop seeing you like this..”

Ren looked surprised but I could tell he understood.

“I-I’m sorry I never listened to you Aura. I’ll try to stop being so horny around you. If you want to wait until you’re ready I won’t press the matter anymore.”

I smiled, “Thanks so much sweetie.”

Ren smiled at me.

“Now about that kiss?” I said seductively.

Ren chuckled, “I thought you’d never ask.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh I'm on fire lol!