Vampires can Love Too

Talk

Ren leaned into me and kissed me with a lot less passion than usual but it still felt great. I could tell he was trying to hold himself back. I loved that, he was so sweet!! When he snaked his tongue into my mouth I moaned and I must have been turning him on because he tried toning it down. He stroked my hair as we kissed and I shivered underneath his touch. His kisses were a lot less intimate and a lot more gentle than usual.

I didn’t mind though, in fact I felt happier than I had ever before. He was trying to hold himself back for me! I couldn’t believe he would want to change. Was I that much of an impact on him? I didn’t think I was, but I supposed I did influence him quite a bit. At least more than I thought I did. After we had kissed for about an hour, yeah we were serious about kissing for a long time, Ren was about to leave when I stopped him.

He turned around and I said softly, “Could you sleep with me? I’m not sure when my parents will get back, and well I’ll feel safer knowing you’re here.”

Ren looked genuinely happy at me, “Of course I will my sweet.”

He climbed into my bed and I joined him. He put his arm around me and I leaned into him. We snuggled for a while and then exhaustion hit and we soon fell asleep.When I wake up I notice Ren is checking out my books.

I sit up groggily and say, “What are you doing?”

Ren looks back at me and smirks, “I was just checking out the types of books you have.”

“You have some pretty cool ones.”

“Well thanks,” I reply.

I glance at my clock, it’s eight thirty. I have an hour before work.

I tell this to Ren and he smiles, “Cool.”

I’m about to suggest doing something when I notice I’m feeling thirsty.

“I think we should go hunting. I’m kind of thirsty, I was going to go last night to get a meal but then all that stuff happened so I couldn’t very well go hunting.”

“All right,” Ren responds.

I’m running through the alleyways of the city with Ren by my side. A panicked man is running from me, which excites me his blood is getting warmer and more delicious by the second. I corner him in a dead end and he looks around, scared. He can sense I’m something more than I appear. I pounce on him, and bite his neck.

I suck his blood out and he falls to the ground.

I turn to Ren, “Okay I’m good. That’s my third meal. You’ve only had one, do you want to drink some more?”

“I’m fine,” Ren replies.

“Are you sure?” I ask, hesitant.

“Yeah its 9:15, it’s almost time for your job to start so hurry up and get to work.”

“Is it really that late?” I cry out.

Ren nods and I gasp.

“All right, I’ll see you later then!” I say running off in the direction of Julian’s.

I make it ten minutes before I’m supposed to work. The manager appears pleased that I’m so early, because usually I show up about four minutes before I need to work. Kenta is working there already and I smile at him. I start working right away and before I know it the night flies by. I end my shift and I say goodbye to Kenta and my manager.

I’m so happy to have found a place to work at that is so friendly. I never thought humans could be this nice and sweet before I met my manager and Kenta. I walk out smiling.