Vampires can Love Too

What? Another Nightmare?

When I get back to my house I notice my parents are up but Felix is nowhere to be seen.

“Hey mom, dad,” I say as I close the door behind me.

My mom nods and my dad glances in my direction.

“Have you exterminated the vampire hunter yet, Aura?” He asks.

I sigh and tell him no.

“Why ever not?”

“Well see whenever Ren and I were going after the vampire hunter, I was about to drain him of all his blood when someone called him and he ran off. We couldn’t very well go after him, not when another human was involved. We don’t want to involve more humans than just the vampire hunter himself.”

My parents listened intently as I explained the dilemma.

“Also I was thinking what would happen if we killed him and he had others who would avenge him? They could come after us and hunt us down.”

My parents looked at each other and then looked at me.

“I see what you mean sweetie, I think we need to back track and think about this differently,”
my father told me.

I nodded, “That’s what I was thinking, I wasn’t sure what to do so I decided I should tell you what had happened.”
“As you should,” My mom replied.

I yawned a little and my mom said, “Go to bed honey you deserve it you’ve been working hard at your job lately.”

“How can you tell?” I asked.

She laughed, “It’s obvious to anyone who knows you, you’ve been acting like you need more sleep.”

I nodded and said goodnight to my parents. I crawled into my coffin, got comfortable and fell asleep quickly.
I dreamt of the vampire slayer again. Only this time I knew what his face looked like. He was young looking with soft blonde hair and light blue eyes. In my dream it was day time and I was chained to a piece of wood. I screamed as the sun hit me and the vampire slayer laughed,

“Oh my dear vampire, you will perish soon.”

I felt tears threatening to fall and I struggled against my bonds. This caused him to laugh again.

“Struggle all you want, you won’t get loose, that’s titanium.”

I hissed at him. I was weakened by the sun, otherwise I could break free. I was surprised that the sun wasn’t hurting me more than it was. It was only stinging me like onions did to me. It was strange, shouldn’t I be dead by now?

I woke up panting. My fangs were retracted and I put a finger to touch them. Why were my fangs out? Then I recalled my dream and I shuddered. It had nightmarish qualities. I gulped and immediately felt sick to my stomach. I was sweating, why would a dream give me that much of a panic though? I didn’t really care about my dreams but lately I was dreaming more and more often. I wondered why. It didn’t add up.

Nothing had drastically changed in my life. Then it hit me, my dreams had started up when I met Ren. That explained it. He was a big part of my life and I suppose I was stressing out about this vampire hunter because he was threatening everything Ren and I had.

I nodded finally understanding what these dreams were here for. I had never dreamed that much but now I was dreaming weekly. It was pretty disorienting. I was used to sleeping and waking up with no recollection of my dreams. So this would take some getting used to.