Vampires can Love Too

Hunting with Felix

I stretched, got out of my coffin and made my way to the living room. Felix was inside, looking at a manga.

“Hey Felix,” I said to him.

He glanced at me, “Oh hey sis.”

I sat down, and glanced at the clock above the fireplace. It was 8:45. Not bad, I was getting up earlier for some reason.

“What are you reading?” I asked, attempting to make conversation.

“It’s called Blood Bunny.”

“Ooh sounds creepy,” I said intrigued.

“It is,” my brother said grinning.

“So, how’s your hunting going? Getting any better at finding your blood’s affinity?”

My brother’s blood affinity was loneliness. It didn’t seem like it would be hard to find, and for me it wouldn’t be, but my brother was a new vampire as of last month, so he was new at this. When I say he’s a new vampire I don’t mean he was suddenly bit and started developing vampire traits.

No what I mean is that he finally got his fangs and dropped the human world. See when true blood vampire like me and brother get our fangs we’re a force to be reckoned with. That is when we understand our blood’s affinity and know how to hunt properly.

My brother shrugged, “It’s okay but I’m still having trouble being inconspicuous.”

I nodded, “Well if you want I could show you how to hunt. I have a little under an hour before I have to go to work.”

My brother’s eyes lit up, “Would you really do that for me?”

I nodded, “Sure. I know we fight a lot but I’ve got your back when you need it.”

Felix smiled, “Okay let’s get started then.

“All right Felix so I see that person sitting on that bench there is looking pretty lonely. Want to go for it?”

My brother looked hesitant. “What’s wrong?”

“Well after I saw you in action I feel kind of embarrassed. You’re so much better at hunting than me..”

I frowned, “Of course I am Felix, I’m not new to this like you are. Now come on, just do how I did it.”

Felix nodded somberly and tried to do what I did earlier. I could tell he was trying to be sneaky and it was working but when he got up in the girl’s face she looked more annoyed than spell bound, which was what was supposed to happen.

I smacked my hand against my face. He wasn’t using his charm. The girl told him to leave but instead of leaving Felix got mad and lunged at her throat. She let out a blood curling cry. Thankfully I chose someone who was around no one. So there wasn’t anyone to come to her rescue. She struggled against Felix like a dying fish flopping on the ground, fighting to find the ocean. I sighed as he dropped the girl and her throat looked like it had been mauled.

I went up to Felix and he said, “I’m sorry she struggled against me, it looks bad doesn’t it?”

I nodded, “Unfortunately it looks as if a wild animal attacked her.”

Felix frowned, “What am I going to do?”

I put a hand on his shoulder, “Don’t worry I’ll help you some more.”

I glanced at my watch and gasped. It was 9:18.
"But at the moment I need to head to work!”

Felix nodded, “I was wondering what time it was.”

“Can you erase her memory? I don’t have time to do that.”

“I’ll try,” he said in a little kid voice, as if he didn’t trust his abilities.

“Oh you’ll do fine,” I said trying to reassure him.

“Thanks sis,” Felix replied and turned to the girl.

“Before I forget clean up her neck, there’s way too much blood on it.”

Felix nodded and as I ran off to work I hoped he would be all right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another one. Enjoy!!