Vampires can Love Too

Karin's been Kidnapped?!

After work I said goodbye to Karin and Kenta and watched them walk off. I thought it was strange that they were dating, but if it made them happy who was I to stop them? Karin certainly wasn’t cool with me going out with her brother but we liked each other. I was about to sprint off home when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw my brother.

“Felix? What are you doing here?”

Felix looked a little shy but then quickly said what was on his mind.

“I knew you were getting off work now and I wanted to know if you could help me some more on hunting.”

I was about to protest that the sun was two hours from rising but when I saw the pleading look in his eyes I gave in.

“Okay, let’s go.”

I showed my brother how to transfix a human and bend them to your will. I seduced a human and drank his blood slowly, showing him how not to make a mess of their neck. Felix seemed to be learning because when he gave it another go his human’s neck wasn’t as messy or as torn up as last time. I smiled, he was learning! We kept this up for an hour and a half.

At an hour and half I told him the sun was going to come up in thirty minutes and that we needed to go and sleep. Felix understood and we took off running.
When we got back my parents were nowhere to be seen. They must have been sleeping. My brother and I went to our coffins and I told him goodnight as I crawled into mine. He smiled a toothy grin at me and closed his coffin. I did the same and fell asleep quickly.

I was exhausted, and who could blame me? Hunting that much in one day was pretty tiring, the most I hunted was an hour and a half.
I woke up to my cell phone ringing. The tune was a catchy rock song. I answered groggily on the third ring.

“Hello?” I said sleepily.

“Aura?” I recognized that voice.

“Ren? What’s up?” I said.

I wondered if something was wrong.

“Karin was taken hostage by the vampire hunter’s uncle.”

“What?!” I said trying to keep my voice from becoming panicked.

“It’s true my love and his uncle used to be a vampire hunter as well, so he’s no force to be reckoned with.”

I gulped, “How do you know she was kidnapped?”

“Because he left a note on my door telling me that and where I could find him,” Ren replied in a rushed voice.

I had never heard Ren sound quite so panicked before.

“You must be really worried about her,” I said my voice trailing off.

“Of course I am!! She’s my little sister!” He said, sounding annoyed.

“I’m sorry Ren, but I thought your sister annoyed you a lot.”

Ren sighed, “She does. But I still care a lot about her. I might not always say it but she’s really important to me.”

Aw, that was so sweet! I knew he cared about her.

“I know the feeling, my little brother annoys me too but I do really care for him. Yesterday I spent my evening before and after work helping him hunt sneakier and to not mangle his meal so much.”

Ren laughed, “That’s sweet. I’m glad you understand me.”

I smiled, “I’ll be over at your house right away.”

“Thanks,” he responded.