Vampires can Love Too

Rescuing Karin

I arrived at Ren’s house at 8:55. Before I even knocked on his door he had opened it. I took one look at his face and saw a deep sadness. He wrapped me into a hug then. I felt him shivering and I hugged him tighter, hoping to dispel his sadness. I knew I couldn’t very well do that but I still tried. Ren held me for about five minutes and then released me. He looked a little bit better.

“You okay now?” I asked hesitantly.

He nodded, “Come in. My parents are worried about this and want to talk to you about it since you work with Karin.”

“Is your family going to help us rescue Karin?”

Ren nodded solemnly. He opened the door and I walked in. I saw his little sister, Anju sitting on the couch beside her mother and father.

The moment I walked in Ren’s father got up and said, “Aura could you tell us a little bit about how Karin might have gotten mixed up with this vampire hunter?”

I nodded and stood hesitantly near Ren.

“Oh excuse me, you can sit down.” I smiled and sat down.

Ren joined me and tried explaining what Karin had told me at work.

“All I know is that Karin and the vampire hunter are classmates.”

“They’re classmates?!” Ren’s father said, surprised.

“Yes sir.”

He waved a hand absently, “You can call me Henry.”

“Okay Henry,” I said. Henry smiled.

“And you can call me Calera,” Ren’s mother said.

I nodded and then Henry said something out of the blue.

“I’m glad Ren found you, Aura. He’s never acted quite this happy before. It makes me smile just thinking about it.”

I blushed and Ren frowned, “Father..”

“What?” Henry questioned, clueless.

“That’s embarrassing..”

I laughed, “I think it’s sweet.”

Ren gazed at me and said, “I love how you always make me feel better Aura.”

“It’s nothing,” I said looking away, bashfully.

Henry and Calera laughed.

“So, what’s the plan?”

I asked, turning to Henry and Calera. Both of them glanced at each other before returning their sight on me.

“Anju’s got a plan,” Henry said.

"Well let’s hear it little sis,” Ren said, smiling fondly at her.

Anju smiled back at Ren. “Okay so here’s my plan.”

“I was thinking that brother could mesmerize the guards at the castle, where they’re keeping sis at, since he’s pretty good at it. Then we could fly in the door way after him as bats, what do you guys think of that?”

“That sounds good Anju, but what are we going to do when we try to find Karin?” Anju smiled, “I have a plan for that too.”

“You’re so reliable sis.”

Anju laughed, “Not really..”

“Don’t be embarrassed Anju, you’re very dependable, it’s one of the qualities in you that I admire the most.”

“Thanks big brother,” Anju replied shyly.

“So about that plan?”

Anju nodded, “Ok so here’s what I was thinking..”

All of us were outside the castle, where Karin is being held. Ren nodded at us and we turned into bats. We hovered above him, but not too close. He walked up to the castle, holding the note, and as soon as he got to the entrance he put on the charm.

"Hello,” he said his voice thick with honey.

“Um hi!” The female guard said.

“My aren’t you beautiful.”

The guard blushed and replied, “T-hank y-ou!”

Ren smiled seductively and said, “I have an invite to this castle.”

“An invite?” The female guard said.

“Yes,” Ren replied.

“What are you talking about? There’s no ball happening tonight.”

“Are you so sure?” He asked, his golden eyes gazing into hers.

“Uh, on second thought I’m not so sure.”

“That’s right there’s a ball here, and you just forgot.”

“There’s a ball here and I just forgot,” she said transfixed.

She pressed a button and the door opened. She stepped aside and as soon as Ren made his way inside we flew in after him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another chapter. :D