Vampires can Love Too

Part II

The moon was bleeding and bats flew past it, the lake reflected the moon but the reflection wasn’t a mirror image. Inside the reflection of the moon lay a skull. The skull became zoomed in and then its mouth began to move. Words tumbled out and it said eerily, “You will die by the hand of your beloved.” I heard a blood curling shriek then and then the world I knew broke apart like glass.
I woke up in a sweat then that had been a vivid dream. Not to mention creepy beyond belief. You will die by the hand of your beloved. What did that mean? Surely Ren wasn’t going to kill me? I shook my head, no that was impossible and I was just acting crazy. My dreams were strange but they never meant anything. At least I didn’t think they did. I sighed I didn’t know what to think. I was just scared out of my mind.
Getting up I went and got dressed. I was going to have to work in about two hours. As soon as I finished dressing I took out a journal and wrote down the images I had seen in my dream. It might help me if I did this. The list was as follows:
-Bleeding moon
-Swarm of bats
-Lake
-Mirror image of bleeding moon with talking skull in the middle
After I had written the images down I reread what I had wrote. None of it made any sense! What was the point of that dream? I had no clue! All I knew was something bad was going to happen and it would be Ren’s doing. Groaning I threw my pillow on my head and screamed a little. When I was done screaming I looked at the clock. I had an hour and a half now until work. I decided to go hunting before work. I was kind of hungry and it was better to always be full when I was working with humans. I didn’t want an incident where I ended up biting someone and revealing my true identity.
The area I decided to hunt in was a couple of blocks before work. It was in the back alleyways. I followed a man with a woman. They didn’t hear or suspect me. I jumped on the man, biting him in the neck. He cried out and woman started screaming. She started to run. I let her get ahead of me a little bit before I pursued her, I was still drinking the man, and it was rude to leave a meal unfinished. After I was satisfied with the man I raced after the woman. One of her heels hit the ground and she started to sob as I got closer. She threw her other heel off and ran barefoot. She was a bit faster but still incredibly slow. I knocked her to the ground and drank from her. Her screams were loud at first but then got pathetically soft. When I was done I wiped my mouth and straightened my clothes up. I wasn’t that full but I didn’t want to pig out on another couple so I headed into work a bit early.
My manager was thrilled to see that I had arrived so early. He told me he would give me more money at the end of the month for this and I thanked him. He really was a nice human being. I took orders and did my usual shift until it was time for me to go.

When I was leaving to go home Karin came up to me and said, “Aura I have a request to ask you.”

I blinked and smiled at my friend, “Sure no problem what is it?”

Karin replied with her question, “Could you help me plan my big brother’s birthday party? It’s a week from now but I think if you helped me plan it he would actually like it.”

She laughed then, “He never did like it when I tried to give him a surprise party.”

“Ren never told me when his birthday was,” I said sadly.

Karin looked shocked, “Oh. That’s probably because he didn’t want to bother you with something as superfluous as a birthday. See he’s never thought turning a year older was a big deal.”

“Oh,” I said suddenly understanding.

“I’ll help you Karin,” I responded.

Karin’s eyes lit up then, “That’s great!” She started talking about all of the things we could do for his birthday and I felt overwhelmed to say in the least.

“Karin, just call me and we’ll talk about it,” I said laughing.

Karin giggled, “Okay I will.” She left with Kenta then and I went back to my house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second part!! I hope you guys enjoy it and have a good evening!! :)