Vampires can Love Too

Hunting

I wake up the next night, hunger pains racking my body. I need to feed. I get out of my coffin and stretch. I go outside without running into any of my family members. They must all be hunting. I walk in the park where I met Karin and see a young couple kissing. I smile, I’ll drain them both. I approach the couple and the boy looks spellbound. His girlfriend gets angry.

I can feel her anger seeping out of her. It makes my fangs retract. The girlfriend gets a scared look on her face. I leap on her and sink my fangs into her. Her blood goes down my throat smoothly. It is warm and delicious. I drop her on the ground and turn to the boy. He stares at his girlfriend and cries.

"Don’t hurt me!” He says.

He starts to run away from me then. Good, I like my blood to be nice and warm. I chase after him and leap on top of him. He crashes to the ground, crying. I sink my teeth in him and his crying stops. I hear him moan. When I’m done I leave, satisfied. I’m walking to the city for more prey when I see Ren. He smiles seductively and wraps an arm around me.

“Hey sugar,” he says.

I smile back, “Hey Ren.”

“Are you out hunting?” I ask.

Ren nods, “It can wait though.”

I giggle as he takes me back to the park.

“I missed you,” he says.

I laugh, “You hardly know me and you’re already missing me?”

“I fall for vampires fast.”

I nod, “I do too actually.”

“So you know what I’m talking about?” I nod.

“Good, you make my blood race and I can’t stop thinking about you.”

I smile, “I feel the same way.”

Ren chuckles then leans in close to me. I feel his lips brush against mine. He kisses me passionately. I kiss him back and when he sticks his tongue in my mouth I feel my heart jump. He explores my mouth with it, brushing my teeth and gums with it. I hear myself moaning. Ren pulls away then and smiles crookedly at me.

He wraps an arm around me and says, “Let’s take a walk.”

We walk through the park holding hands and just talking. The two people who I bit are already up and walking around. They are smitten with each other again, the girlfriend’s anger dissolved. I took it away from her. She can’t be angry for a while. I sigh and lean my head against Ren. He laughs and cuddles against me. I feel happy, which is rare for me. Eversince I became a vampire I haven’t been depressed but I’ve been far from happy.

Now in the span of a day I feel like I’ve met my prince charming. Of course I know that isn’t true. Ren is far from prince charming. He may make my heart skip a beat when I think about him but he doesn’t love me yet. I know what I’m feeling is merely a crush, the same goes for Ren. Still it doesn’t make me any less happy knowing it’s just a silly crush and not true love. Ren takes me into the city and shows me off. I feel happy knowing he thinks of me so highly. Suddenly a girl runs up to Ren and smacks her. Her anger is leaking from her.

“Ren! You jerk! How could you be with another woman! She’s trampy looking too.”

I feel my anger begin to rise. I’m a tramp? That chick better look in a mirror I think. She’s wearing too much makeup and has on a too tight red dress.

Ren glares at her and says, “Susie I told you we were over and don’t talk to my girl like that.”

I feel myself blush. He called me his girl! I smile inside.

Ren whispers in my ear, “Would you like to drink from her?”

I nod. Ren takes his ex-girlfriend into the alley to “talk.” She makes a big fuss because I’m coming but he silences her with one look. She taps her foot waiting for Ren to explain his bizarre behavior. Ren doesn’t say anything though and I sneak up on her. She starts to scream but her screams stop when I bite her.

She is in ecstasy now. I gulp her blood up and swallow it, letting the warmness of it heat my body up. She drops to the floor when I’m done.

“So when did you break up with her?” I ask.

Ren looks away, “Last night, after we kissed.”

I gasp. “Ren! You didn’t have to do that!”

Ren shakes his head, “But I wanted to. It wouldn’t feel right to cheat on you.”

“Cheat on me? Ren we’re not even going out.”

Ren smiles, “Well then would you like to go out?”

I feel my face flush, “When?”

“Tomorrow night. Let’s go to the carnival.”

I smile, “It’s a date.”

Ren laughs and leaves then but not before he says, “I’ve got to feed but I’ll see you my darling.”