Sequel: You Are Loved, Baby.

Shattered Secrets

13.

I heard some shifting on the other line as he moved around, "Oh hey, Nissa," he greeted like we were old friends yet tiredly as if he just woke up.

I smiled to myself, receiving an 'I-told-you-so' look from Amanda. I pushed some hair out of my face, reflexively trying to make myself look better. Then I said, "Sorry if I woke you," sincerely, hearing the grogginess in his voice.

"Don't worry about it," he told me in reply, "I was going to call you when I woke up anyways."

I nodded to myself, dodging Mandi as she reached out to grab the phone from me, "Well, I just wanted to see if you're serious about meeting my son. You know, before I tell him," I murmured nervously, biting my lip as I waited for him answer.

He grunted slightly and then I heard him yawn. "Sorry," he muttered, "But yeah, I meant was I said, fans are important and Bronx is the next generation of A7x fans."

I was wholly taken back by the fact that he remember my son's name and that it hadn't been wiped away by the alcohol he had undoubtedly consumed and the fact that he might not even care. But as those words slipped sincerely through his lips a smile to residence on my lips and I replied happily, "That's great. Bronx was just about to cut my head off when Amanda let it slip that your personal number is in my phone."

I laughed as he chuckled, "Totally understandable, I mean, who wouldn't want to talk to me?"

I snorted unattractively, "Getting a bit arrogant there aren't we, Mr. Gates?" I questioned, my tone becoming playful as the fits of laughter broke out between us.

"Well," Brian stated, "When you're as good looking as me you have a reason to be cocky."

"I can't disagree with that notion." I said formally, humming. Then we both started to snicker in amusement. We were quiet for a few moments while we each caught our breath and I sent worried looks to Amanda who was staring at me, mouth open, eyes wide.

"So," Brian called to get my attention, "Would you want to meet up today?"

For a second I thought that my airways had been obstructed but after a second I found my voice and answered in a complete daze, "What?"

I could almost hear the shrug in his voice, "I've got nothing better to do. Plus, I haven't been around kids since Gavin was here about a month ago."

"Zacky's nephew, right?" I questioned even though I knew the answer.

"Yeah," Brian confirmed.

"But," I stuttered, "We can meet up in a bit if you want."

Brian shuffled on the other line and I heard him get up, "Sorry, one second," he muttered.
I could hear yelling in his house. Not angry yelling. It was one of the guys calling for him and as I listened I became pretty sure that it was Matt yelling for Brian to 'get his ass out of bed' and join them. I smiled to myself as I waited, patience seemingly hard to come by. Amanda stared at me, still. Watching as I pulled the phone away from my ear and said, "What?" Almost rudely to her.

"You're talking to Synyster Gates," she murmured simply, loudly.

"Yeah? And?" I demanded, looking at her like she had lost her mind, she doing the same for me.

"It's Synyster fucking Gates!" she shouted, her voice becoming louder and more distinct with every word she spoke.

I rolled my eyes at her. "God damn." I whistled. "You're such a fucking fangirl!"

Amanda glared at me, harshly. But her glare soon turned into a look of horror as loud laughter bubbled up through the phone. I put the cell phone back up to my ear as Brian began to speak again.

"Even when you're not around, you two are funny!" he cackled, laughter in the background.
Amanda grabbed the phone from me before I could protest and put it on speaker.

"So what? Did you and you're band in it's entirety hear me freak?" she demanded to know, harshly. I smiled to myself as Brian simply stated, "Yes."

"God damn," She cursed, handing me back the phone as I laughed at her.

I took the device off of speaker phone and put it up to my ear, "So, are we gonna meet up today?" I inquired brightly. "That's assuming you're already back in town and all."

"Like you don't know," he shot back, joking about my undying loyalty to knowing all too much about them, "But yes, the Pier, one hour?"

"Actually, I don't," I defended, "It's not like I Googled you the minute I got home. I do have other priorities, you know."

"Well, you could've fooled me," he answered cheekily, "What do you say? I'll see you there?"

"I'll see you there," I agreed, "My son would kill me if I turned down an offer like that."

"Then you better not reject me, I guess."

"Never," I answered, "See you later."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know that this is short.
It's so short that it pains me to look at it.
But I'm tired and worn out and all those good excuses.

I just wanted to thank you guys for the comments you've been leaving. More importantly the people leaving the comments.
I love feedback because it tells me what I should clarify, fix, what you guys want to know in the next chapter and all that good stuff. :)
So thanks guys.

(I'm up to 8 stars! Woot! That's amazing!!!)