Sequel: You Are Loved, Baby.

Shattered Secrets

14.

Brian and I hung up with out anymore words spoken between us. And I stood up silently as well, ignoring Mandi who stared at me with confusion and excitement swimming in her eyes. I walked up the stairs calmly, attempting to control my own thrill. I wandered into Bronx's room as I heard him shouting from the hallway. The four year old sat on his rug, toy Transformers in his hands.

"Hi Mommy!" he shouted, waving at me with his fingers curled around Optimus Prime.

"Hey, Baby," I murmured, trying hard to hide my smile. I sat on his bed and looked at him as he grinned at me, showing all of his perfect little straight teeth.

"Want to play with me, Mommy?" he questioned, pushing BumbleBee towards me, in his car form, the yellow paint chipping from wear and tear.

I shook my head, knowing that his crestfallen look would soon disappear when I tell him about our plans, who we were going to meet.

"Why not?" he asked quietly, letting his hands fall to his sides, his butt resting on his feet as he sat on his knees.

"Because," I told him, standing up and offering him my hand, "We're going to the pier."

A small smile took over his face as he nodded eagerly. "Let's go!" he cheered, standing up, taking my hand and running towards the door. But I didn't budge. I just smiled at him as he turned back to face me with a pout on his features. "Mommy!" he complained, holding out the 'o'.

I shrugged and pulled him back to me by his hand. I leaned down and wrapped my arms around his little shoulders, clasping my hands together on his tummy. "We're going to meet a friend of mine." I told him, smiling up at me as he looked at me curiously.

"Who?" He asked, spinning around and holding his arms out so that I could pick him up.
I did and said, "His name is Brian."

"Oh," he muttered, not recognizing Synyster Gates to go by anything other than that.

I nodded, a smile on my face as he smiled as well and shrugged. "Want to go do your hair?" I questioned, knowing that he could just have a bath tonight after he sweats off all of his excitement.

He nodded vigorously. "Yeah!"

I carried him to the bathroom and set him on the counter. I pulled the hair gel and spray from out under the sink and squeezed a glop of the slimy stuff onto my hands. I ran my fingers from root to tip as the green gel dried, pulling his hair upwards as I did so.

It was after I got his hair to stay up that I told him to cover his eyes. He did, his little hands shooting up to cover his brown eyes from the sticky spray. Eventually we got his hair to stay up the way we liked it and I sent him down to play with Mandi in the living room while I hopped in the shower quickly, washing all the sweat from my body that was left over from the concert.

After a 15 minute shower I wrapped a towel around myself and wandered into my bedroom. I dressed in a purple long sleeved shirt that had the words, "Live Music" written on the front and a neon skull on the back with headphones covering his ears. I pulled a pair of loosely fitting skinny jeans on and then a random pair of socks.

"Bronx!" I called down the stairs.

The boy raced towards me, up the stairs and past me into his own room. As I passed the bathroom I noticed Amanda standing there crimping her hair and applying eyeliner.

"Who are you getting all dolled up for?" I questioned, stopping in the doorway.

She shrugged. "Just want to look good for the band."

I froze, staring at her like she was out of this world. "First off, it's only Brian. Second off, you aren't coming."

Mandi turned to me with a look of shock on her face. "Please?" she asked, clasping her hands together in a form of begging.

"No."

"Please?" she begged, now turning towards me fully and she put a pout on her glossy lips, "Please? Please? Please? Please? Please?" she asked repeatedly, making me groan and shake my head in the process. But it seemed that all my resolve faltered as she continued to beg, my annoyance level raising as she began to bounce.

"Fine!" I shouted, "You can come."

As she cheered, I left the doorway angry at myself for giving in so easily. I walked over to Bronx's room and there he sat again on the floor with his toys in his hands. He banged them together a few times, shouting out little battle cries and various other things before he realized that I was leaning against his door frame with a smile on my face.

"Time to get dressed?" he asked, standing up and deserting his plastic cars and Transformers on his carpet.

I nodded. "Yup! What do you want to wear?"

Bronx raced over to his normal sized closet and straight to his favorite shirt. A black Avenged t'shirt that had the Deathbat tilted to the side and under that the name of the band written in the same titled font, the letters white. In the background of the shirt it repeated in grey, yet not tilted and smaller in size.

I groaned at his choice in shirt, not because we were secretly seeing Brian but because I had just put that shirt back in the way back of his closet where I figured he wouldn't find it, the day before after finally getting him to take it off so that I could wash it, seeing as he'd worn it for about three days before I couldn't stand the smell.

"Bronx!" I whined, knowing he wouldn't budge since he had found it.

He grinned at me. "I want to wear this one," he said, reaching up to yank it down. I watched as the yellow hanger rocked a few times on the waist high bar and then crashed to the ground with a 'clang' as it met the hard wood.

I grumbled. "Fine."

Bronx dressed, I did my hair and makeup and we were out the door twenty- five minutes later, cursing the time as we realized that we'd need to gun it or be late.

"Why is Mandi, coming?" Bronx asked as we sped down the road.

"Because she knows Brian too," I told him, glancing back at him in his car seat.

He nodded. "Okay."

And minutes later we we're pulling up in the parking lot in front of the sand. Bronx stared wide-eyed at the huge pier, his excitement lever climbing.

"Mommy!" he shouted, "I think I see Avenged Sevenfold!"

I looked up at his realization and sure enough, standing on the pier looking at us as we got out of the car was the whole band standing next to a smirking Brian.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is short, but I was supposed to be in bed ten minutes ago..
Thanks for the comments, I wish you'd do so again and tell me what you want to happen in the next chapter.

Thanks, Maddi.