Sequel: You Are Loved, Baby.

Shattered Secrets

17.

Five minutes later, I had pulled myself together and I was back downstairs helping Bronx with his homework. We sat at the kitchen table, our dirty dishes pushed to the other end, as we flew through the two worksheets that his teacher had given them to finish. One was about the alphabet and the other was to writing all the letters in your full name.

"You're full name is spelt like this, baby," I said as I took his pencil and a piece of paper and wrote out Bronx Carson Chambers on the first line. Bronx took his pencil from my hand and copied his name below where I had written it. Bronx smiled up at me when he finished.

That went by quickly and soon enough I was putting him in bed for real, tucking him in and checking under the bed for monsters. I was turning on his little radio, the one he listens to every night while trying to go to sleep. I kissed his head and told him I loved him while he shut his eyes and scooted over, asking me to lay with him for a little while.

I got into his bed and he rested his head on my chest, his pajama shirt riding up exposing his little back. I ran my fingers along his spine as he told me about how amazing the day was.

I bit my lip as I laid there listening to my son talk about the man who had mad me throw my entire two year relationship away.

"Mommy! Brian is so cool. Do you think I'll ever see him again? Can I call him? Let's go call him, Mommy!" Bronx said eagerly, yet he didn't move a muscle. I felt a tiredness wash over me and I closed my eyes, listening as Bronx breathed quietly. I don't know how long I laid there, but eventually I slid Bronx off of me and got out of his bed. I checked the time once I got into my bedroom. 10:37. I stripped my clothes off and pulled a wife-beater and a pair of basketball shorts on before I climbed into bed, sighing as the cold sheets met with my bare legs. I rolled over and sighed, closing my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to my cell phone ringing in the morning. I groaned and reached for the device that sat on my nightstand. I opened my eyes slightly to check the caller ID, expecting it to be Greg calling to apologize, but I was shocked when Brian's name flashed on the phone. I looked at the time before I answered. 1:30 glared back at me in red letters and I gasped, wondering why Bronx hadn't woken me up yet.

I pressed the green button and put the phone to my ear quickly, "Hello?" I asked, my voice sounding groggy even though I tried not to.

"Nissa? It's Brian. Did I wake you?"

"Um," I stuttered, a little out of it, "Yeah. But don't worry about it. I'm surprised Bronx didn't wake me up first. What can I do for you?"

"Nothing. I was just calling to apologize for the pictures, did you see them? I should've known someone would have a camera."

I shrugged and shook my head, although he couldn't see it. "Yeah, I saw them, but don't worry about it, Brian. It didn't cause me any trouble," I lied, pulling my bangs out of my face.

"Still," he murmured, "I shouldn't have..." He trailed off, but I knew what he meant.

"Bri, Don't worry. I don't mind," I reassured him. hating the idea that he regretted any part of yesterday. I stood up and walked into the hallway as I said this. I peaked into Bronx's room as Brian replied.

"Okay, well I just wanted to apologize," he said awkwardly.

"And you did," I said as I made my way downstairs, still searching for Bronx, "It's all good." I saw Bronx sitting in front of the t.v watching some cartoon and I let out my breath, my nerves returning to normal.

"What are you doing today?" Brian asked, casually as I plopped down onto the couch next to my little boy.

"Not a thing," I replied, catching Bronx's attention.

"How exciting!" Brian joked, chuckling as he did so.

I laughed too, my eyes never leaving my son as he sat on the floor, barely two feet from the t.v where the Fairly Odd Parents were playing on the screen. "Totally," I said flatly, receiving a chuckle from Brian.

"I'd invite you both to meet up but I'm actually on my way back to the studio. They guys voted for me to get the snacks this time," Brian groaned, like it was such a burden.

I laughed. "Sounds like fun, Brian," I said, accentuating Brian's name more then usual to catch Bronx's attention. The young boy's eyes grew wide and he stood up before racing over to the couch and climbing up next to me.

"Can I talk Mommy? Please?" he pleaded, reaching his hand out towards the phone.

"Give me a second, baby," I murmured and then turned my attention back to Brian. "I've got your biggest fan here, Mr. Gates," I laughed, rolling my eyes as his ego shot up higher than ever.

"Well then, put him on!" Brian cheered. I laughed loudly and handed the phone to an eager Bronx who sat bouncing on the couch.

"Hi Brian!" Bronx shouted. He was silent as Brian replied.

They talked for a couple of minutes before I figured I could go make the two of us something to eat. I listened to their conversation, and although I could only hear Bronx's half, I figured that since Bronx kept giggling that it was a going good. I decided to make waffles and sausage for breakfast. As I was cooking I got to thinking about Greg and why he had overreacted. I was sure that when Brian called that it would be Greg calling from his home to tell me how sorry he was. But a part of me, really deep down, was jumping for joy when Brian's smooth voice called my name.

I figured that it was because of how incredible this whole situation was, how I could get a call from one of my favorite guitarists, the other being from the same band. Yet, I couldn't understand why Greg didn't accept that, why he stormed off in anger and threw away everything and anything we'd ever have together.

Greg had never been one to be jealous. He was always the sweet-talking man that kept my attention and he knew that. He knew that'd I'd never do anything behind his back, not even with one of my heroes, just because I'm not that type of person. But I pushed those thoughts away as I heard Bronx screaming for me from his spot on the couch.

"I'm in the kitchen!" I called back, hearing him scramble off of the couch and come racing into the room, empty handed.

He raised his arms up so that I could pick him up and put him on island counter in the middle of the kitchen. I did so before he began to talk. "Brian had to go," he told me, "He's working!"

I grinned at him before I turned away to continue cooking, "Yeah, he told me. How cool is that?"

"I know!" Bronx shouted, clapping his little hands together excitedly, "But the best part is that the guys said they'll come to my party next weekend!"

I stopped what I was doing, on instinct and turned to face Bronx with a small smile. "Really?" I asked calmly, "That's amazing, Bronx."

Bronx nodded animately. "It's so cool!"

Bronx reached his hands straight out and I lowered him to the ground. "Gonna go play!" he shouted and ran off into the living room. I sighed and nodded before turning my attention back to the the waffle maker machine that had beeped. I pulled the waffles from there and put them on two plates. I cut Bronx's into small bites before I drenched it in syrup and placed a couple of sausages next to it. I did the same with my own and placed them on the kitchen table.

"Bronx!" I shouted, "Food!"

I sat down in my own spot and began eating. A couple of minutes later Bronx was wandering back into the kitchen with a small grin on his face, an almost mischievous face. I tilted my head sideways, studying Bronx as he climbed up into his chair with an innocent smile on his features. "Bronx?" I asked suspiciously, "What did you do?"

"What?" he asked with his mouth stuffed, confusion on his adorable features.

I shook my head and brushed it off before I continued to eat my food.

A little while later Bronx and I were finished and I put both of our sticky plates in the dishwasher and dragged him up the stairs for a bath.

"No!" he chanted over and over again as I carried him up the stairs.

"Oh shush, you like baths," I told him as I set him on the floor in the bathroom and began to strip him of his clothes, with no help from him, of course.

"I don't want to!" he whined, as I started the water and let it begin to fill up the bathtub. I ignored him and stood there with a smile as the water filled up. Bronx stood with his arms folded over his chest and a glare on his face, that I couldn't help smiling at.

When the water was full Bronx rolled his eyes and said, "Okay, lets get this over with!" and he clambered into the warm water. I stood there shocked and watching as he grinned up at me before dunking his head under the water.

As Bronx resurfaced I glared at him and sat on the toilet seat "What?" he asked, raising his hands into the air with a shrug.

I shook my head and lessened my glare. "What's going on?"

Bronx sighed. "Nothing!" he dragged out the word and then put a grin on his face, "I just want to get my bath over with."

Once again I stared at him with confusion, but none the less I helped him bathe before I carried him to his room and yanked his clothes on. He smiled up at me and clambered onto his bed.

"What are we doing today, Mommy?" he inquired, his brown eyes gleaming and his blond hair flatting and the droplets of water falling downing his face.

I shrugged. "Want to go to the park?" I asked, leaning forward to sit next to him. I froze as Bronx shot up.

"No!" he shouted. Then he looked around and composed himself, "I mean, I just want to stay home, today."

I tilted my head to the side in suspicion, but agreed none the less. There was no way for me to force it out of him, but I knew that he was up to something. I just hoped it was something harmless and easy to clean up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!
As some of you know, I don't actually pay for internet because I live in an industrial park and the businesses around me have wifi. But the day after I posted the last chapter the wifi connection I used shut down. I found out that they were getting a new provider and I now need an account number to log in, something I don't have.
So I'm using a different one, but this wifi disappears when I move my computer so I'm hoping it'll last.
Thanks for being patient, I hope you like this.

(P.S, this is just a filler. I don't really know the point of this update, besides to move the story along.)