Sequel: You Are Loved, Baby.

Shattered Secrets

18.

Bronx decided to go on the computer instead of going to the park today. He seemed perfectly fine compared to his jumpy and paranoid, "I just want to stay in, today." attitude. I sat on the living room couch and watched old reruns of That 70's show and various movies that had to do with young love and cliche teenage romances and every time Bronx would race down the stairs to get something to eat and to peer out of the living room window he would grimace at the people on the screen as they rejoiced in their own sappy sayings and love songs.

He would smile at me innocently before racing back of the stairs calling behind him that I should watch Transformers or something. He, knowing that it was my favorite movie, would tell me that he would be down soon to watch it with me. But he didn't come down and I didn't watch it. It was only around 4 PM that Bronx came down the stairs, his hair flying out as he sat in the window chair and stared outside anxiously.

"Okay, Bronx!" I demanded, "What is going on?"

And he turned to look at me and shrugged. "Nothing, Mommy."

I groaned loudly and he giggled and then turned back to the window. I attempted to ignore him and turned my own attention back to the where Mr. Darcy was dancing stiffly. A gasp made me look to Bronx almost ten minutes later and he glanced to me quickly, his eyes wide and his little body shaking.

"What's wrong?" I asked, immediately nervous as I stood up and hurried over to him.

A smile crept across his face and he shook his head. "Nothing."

I looked past him and out the window. A gasp fell from my own lips as I saw him. His dark ripped jeans in contrast to his white, v-neck shirt and colorful tattoos. His brown hair stood spiked on his head and he had a breath-taking smile on his face accenting his high cheek bones, as he noticed the two of us.

"Bronx... what is Brian doing here?" I demanded to know, taking in my grungy appearance and 'sunday sweats'. Bronx just shrugged once again and I groaned angrily.

I groaned again as a knock sounded on the door and Bronx jumped up happily, "I'll get it!" he shouted and raced over, struggling to pull the heavy wooden door open.

"Hey, Kiddo!" Brian greeted, pulling the young boy up into his arms and rustling his hair.

"Brian!" Bronx shouted excitedly, "You came!"

Brian chuckled. "I said that if I could, I'd stop by around four and here I am..."

I laughed quietly, making Brian shift his gaze from the child in his arms to me. It seemed like his honey brown eyes studied me, taking in the mess that I had become before he smirked. "I see you fixed yourself up for me, beautiful," he joked, smiling so that I'd know not to take him too seriously.

I laughed sarcastically and then glared, causing him to chuckled. I rolled my eyes but couldn't help the smile that took over my face. Then I crossed my arms over my chest. "I didn't even know you were coming." I gave Bronx a pointed look as shock consumed Brian.

"Really?" he asked, looking at the young boy he had held in his arms.

Bronx looked down sheepishly. "I wanted it to be a surprise..?" he said, but it came out sounding like more of an unsure question.

Then Brian shrugged. "I enjoyed it." And Bronx grinned at him happily. I sighed as if I had just been defeated and turned to go up the stairs.

"Where are you going, Mommy?" Bronx questioned.

"Yeah, where are you going?" Brian asked, turning his head to the side as I looked back at him.

"To make myself look beautiful," I joked, taking the steps two at a time as Brian yelled after me,
"That won't take long!"

I smiled to myself at Brian's words and went over to my closet. I scanned my clothes and finally decided on blue jeans and stripped myself of the ripped grey sweatpants and the blue basketball shorts that I had on underneath and exchanged them.

I found a simple grey off the shoulder shirt and put it on, it taking the place of the wife-beater and torn Avenged Sevenfold hoodie that I had acquired before Bronx was even born. I went across the hall to my bathroom and put some foundation and eyeliner on. I ran a brush through my blonde locks and decided that I looked good enough.

I walked down the stairs calmly and noticed that Bronx and Brian were sitting on the couch watching something on T.V, I giggled at the two of them sitting side by side and staring intently at the screen.

Brian looked up and smiled before he patted the spot to his right, motioning for me to sit next to him. I skipped over and tossed myself down lazily as his arm wrapped around my shoulders. "Aww," he whinned playfully, "I was really loving you representing the A7x merchandise."

"To what do I owe your visit, Mr. Gates?" I questioned, peering up at him with a smile and bright eyes.

Brian shrugged, moving both Bronx and I slightly as he did so.

I laughed and said, "Oh come on! You have to have a reason!" I grinned up at him and he smiled at me.

"Maybe I just wanted to visit my favorite little fan..." he said, grinning over at Bronx as he beamed up at Brian as well. I nodded, content with that answer and situated myself on the couch more comfortably. I turned my gaze and noticed that they weren't watching anything good. I rolled my eyes and let out a grunt of dislike. Brian glanced at me from the corner of his eyes and tried to home back a smirk. He turned his attention back to the T.V.

I sat in silence for a few minutes, five to be exact, before I jumped up and switched the T.V off. "Okay," I said, "Time to do something exciting."

Bronx looked up at me with confusion and Brian looked up with a roll of his eyes and asked, "Like what?" Before he sat forward and rested his elbows on his knees.

I shrugged. "Anything other sitting on the couch."

Bronx streachted and stood up with a smirk on his face. He turned around and reached down for Bronx. Once the boy was in his arms, his smirk still gracing his lips he smirked and walked past me over to the door where he slipped his feel into his shoes and set Bronx down to do the same.

"Hey, where are we going?" I questioned as I walked over to them and pulled my own Nike's on.

Brian lifted Bronx into his arms and then looked over his opposite shoulder at me with a smirk. "The movies."

I sent Brian a lazy grin and nodded, reaching out to take his outstretched hand before he pulled me out of the house, barely waiting for me to lock the place up. Brian led us over to his car, a cute silver thing before he stopped and looked at me. I had stopped walking and was standing near the front end, my hand tugging Brian back over to me as he realized that there is no booster seat for Bronx in his car.
Brian groaned but followed me over to my car anyways.

"I don't like your car," he murmured as he hopped in the passengers side, Bronx already strapped in the back.

"Be nice to the car!" I chastized as I turned the key to start the ignition.

Brian chuckled and nodded. "Sorry, I didn't know that you take personal offense to this thing."

I raised my chin into the air. "Well I do," I laughed afterwards breaking the slight tension that had been released into the air. I grinned at Brian as he told me to go to the movies down by the bay.

During the car ride we talked and laughed and attempted to decided which movie we'd be seeing, but it seemed like the two of us couldn't agree on anything which caused little play fights to erupt in the car.

"Gosh," I stated, "You're so difficult!" And I stuck my tongue out at Brian, seeing at while I was talking he had done the same to me.

He then smirk and murmured, "I know," before he got out of the car, that was parked in the parking lot of the theatre. "You coming?" he asked as he leaned down into the passengers side and sent me a wink.

I tried to ignore it, but all I could do was nod in response. Bronx pushed his way out and shouted, "Duh!" as his little feet hit the blacktop.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is CRAP. TT.TT