Sequel: You Are Loved, Baby.

Shattered Secrets

19.

Brian and I walked in the the building with each of our hands clasped with one of Bronx's. When he entered the building, Brian pretended to be oblivious to the teenagers who were staring at him in awe. Well, all except for the blinding smirk that he had plastered on his lips. Brian decided that he'd let Bronx pick the movie, no matter the consequences. And soon enough we were being ushered into the theatre eight with Bronx carrying his own ticket, the words "The Owls of G' Hoole" scrawled across them.

"What's this movie about anyways?" Brian questioned with a smile as we took our seats.

"An owl." I laughed, popping a handful of popcorn into my mouth. I was sitting in between Brian and Bronx, the popcorn on my lap and the slushy in Bronx's little grasp. Brian had insisted on buying the whole candy counter, practically. Everything Bronx even looked at was his, but after a few moments of smirks, glares and a rare moment of seriousness I had convinced Brian to just buy us our favorites, if anything at all.

Brian glared at me playfully and then rolled his eyes, "Like I didn't know there was an owl in this entire movie."

"Just letting you know," I replied, grinning down at Bronx from where he sat bouncing in his seat as the trivia and commercials began playing.

Brian nudged me to catch my attention and then he gave me a genuine smile as the lights dimmed. I smiled back as he wrapped his arm over the back of the chair and ruffled Bronx's hair. I settled in as the movie began playing. Soon, talking owls took over the screen in search of some higher power or something. I couldn't really focus seeing as Brian sat next to me, stealing glances at me every few minutes and looking away when I would look back up at him. It was slightly childish, but cute in it's own way.

I rolled my eyes at Brian as he looked away once again. I turned my attention to Bronx and studied him. He sat cross legged on the chair, his elbows on his knees and his eyes staring straight ahead, watching the owls flying through the air. I followed his gaze and watched, my mind drifting to other thoughts as the children's show played in the slightly crowded theatre.

Brian's breezy voice sounding in my ear brought me back and I stiffened as he spoke. His voice was low as he whispered to me. "This movie is boring," he said, ignoring the woman behind us who seemed to be shooting glares into the back of our heads as her children watched intently. "But Bronx seems to be enjoying it."

I nodded and leaned up, Brian leaning to me, "We don't get to go to the movies very often." I told Brian, shrugging.

Brian chuckled under his breath, "Well, that's about to change."

I rolled my eyes at Brian.

He laughed and the woman behind us shushed him. Brian turned back to face her and held his hands up in apology. The woman glared and he turned back around and sent me glance, holding back his laughter, as was I.

Brian and I sat quietly for the rest of the movie. After that same woman left the theatre 20 minutes later and came back with an aid who began to tell us that if we didn't stop talking we would be asked to leave. That was until the young teenage boy realized who face he was shining a flashlights in and apologized before leaving hastily, ignoring the woman calling for him to return and continue telling us off. Brian turned to the lady and smirked at her baffled look.

The rest of the hour and 20 minute movie passed quickly and afterwards Brian got a refill on the slushy for Bronx and I before we walked out to my car. Brian yanked my keys out of my hands and decided on his own that he would be driving.

"Hey!" I called as he detached his hand from my own and walked over to the drivers side quickly leaving Bronx and I standing hand and hand just feet from that side of the car.

"Please?" Brian pouted, putting a irresistable puppy dog look on his face.

I sighed and glanced down to Bronx quickly. Bronx was nodding his head eagerly and I groaned before looking up to Brian who was glowing with victory and already unlocking the car.

"Get in!" he demanded, motioning to the passengers side.

I had no choice but to do what he said.
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought that it was not only too cliche to have them do stuff in the movie theatre, but that it was also too early for them to be at that stage in their relationship.
Plus, Bronx was right there.

This is short, but I have a lot of math homework so... sadface.