Sequel: You Are Loved, Baby.

Shattered Secrets

21.

I didn't cry as I stood there with Brian, but it felt nice to have him hold me and whisper that everything was okay. He didn't question why Greg acted like that or if the things he said were true, he just held me. After a few moments I let go of Brian, reluctantly. I glanced up at him when he reached out and grabbed my wrist when I tried to walk away.

"Brian, what-" I stopped talking when I looked into his eyes. He was staring at me and there was obvious concern there. His eyes were dark and shiny and looking right at me like he could see through me - or wanted to. Instead of opening my mouth to speak, I stood up on the tips of my toes and I pushed my mouth against his.

My arms went around his neck and my fingers tangled in his dark hair. His hands went to my waist. His fingers ran over my hip bones and for a second he stopped kissing me and pulled away. He looked at me with a smirk before he lifted of the ends of my shirt revealing the hip piercings that I have there. He smirked before leaning in and pushing his lips against my own again. His calloused fingers stayed under my shirt, rubbing my skin and causing chills to surge up my spine.

After a moment, I pulled away. Brian looked at me and then smiled, licking his lips. I rolled my eyes and diverted them to the stairs. I noticed Bronx get up and run back down the hallway. I sighed knowing that he had seen me kissing Brian.

"I'm going to go talk to him, okay?" I said quietly, looking back over to Brian.

"I can go..?" Bri offered, motioning to the door.

Panic rose in me and I shook my head frantically, reaching out to grab onto his wrist. I stuttered for a moment, wondering why I had done that. "You don't have to," I stated, pulling him to me slightly so that he'd know that I want him to stay.

He smiled and nodded his head slightly.

I turned and went up the stairs. I walked into Bronx's room and saw sitting on his bed with a huge grin on his adorable face. I titled my head to the side. "What?" I asked, taking a cautious step closer to him.

Once I did so the little boy leapt off of his bed and ran over to me. He threw himself onto me, wrapping his arms around my legs and looking up at me with a huge smile. "Mommy!" he shouted, "Are you gonna marry Brian, now?" he questioned, his grin growing bigger at the thought.

My eyes grew wide and I pushed him back so that he wasn't holding onto me anymore. "Hold up, little man," I demanded, "What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about you kissing Brian!" he shouted excitedly, throwing his hands into the air.

"Baby, just because I kissed Brian doesn't mean that we're gonna get married," I laughed nervously, but then stopped when I noticed his confused and hurt expression.

"But Mommy, you said that you only kiss people that you might want to marry someday..." He looked up at me with big brown eyes, confused and desperate for the answer that he wanted.

I stuttered over my words for a moment before I was able to reply, "Babes, I kissed Brian because..." I trailed off, not able to find the explanation that I was looking for. I sat there quietly for a moment, my son sitting beside me with tears welling in his eyes. I looked over to him and it just about broke my heart to see salty tears falling from his gorgeous eyes and sliding down his rosy cheeks.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I asked, pulling him onto my lap.

He sniffled and roughly wiped at his eyes. "I want Brian to be my dad."

"Bronx..." I cooed once more, "Brian isn't your daddy. But he's your friend and that's good too." I tried to coax him from his tears.

Bronx wasn't having it. He shook his head animatedly. "I want a daddy."

I shook my head this time, my voice firm as I replied, "Don't start this, Bronx. I don't need this right now. You know that not everyone has a dad or a mom. It's just the way things are."

"You're being mean!" Bronx cried, pushing himself off of my lap on standing on the floor in front of me.

I sighed, knowing that this was another one of Bronx's fits. This wasn't something that he did very often but when he did he went all out. Bronx crossed his arms over his chest, a pout on his face.

"Bronx, Brian is downstairs and I'm going to cook dinner. So you can stay up here if you want but I'm going to watch a movie," I told him, standing up and beginning to walk out of his room.

"Wait, mommy!" Bronx shouted, coming after me. He took my hand as I walked towards the stairs and smiled at me as an apology. His upset attitude was quickly replaced with quiet contentment.

I walked downstairs with Bronx's hand clasped in mine. My nerves hitched as I came down the stairs and saw Brian sitting on the couch watching T.V. He smiled at me, one of those knowing smiles and sat up a tiny bit straighter. Bronx let go of my hand and ran over to the couch. He climbed up onto the old thing and sat next to Brian with a grin.

"Movie, anyone?" I questioned, walking over the the coffee table, where we kept the DVD's. I opened up the cabinet that was underneath and pulled out a few of my favorites, my eyes lighting up when I plucked Transformers from the bunch.

"Which one?" I asked, laying four movies out on the tabletop. Brian leaned forward and looked at which movies I had picked out. He smirked when he noticed that they weren't cliche chick flicks but action movies such as Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Inception, Terminator 1 and 2, The Dark Knight and Transformers of course.

"Transformers." Brian grinned taking the movie from the table and standing up. He walked over to the flat screen and opened the DVD player. He put the movie in and fiddled with the buttons. I stood up myself and walked behind the couch so that I could wander into the kitchen and cook something for us to eat. I stole one more glance at Brian, his black t'shirt riding up slightly in the back. His dark-wash jeans resting loosely on his hips and his silky looking boxers just barely peaking out. Brian's hair was spiked and still, hours after he first did it, stood spiked on his head. He wore a couple of silver necklaces and an worn belt.

I tore my gaze from him as he turned around and I disappeared into the kitchen. I stood in the middle of the room for a minute, trying to decide what I wanted to make. I took a deep breath, my eyes closing as I tried to relax the nerves in my body from going haywire. But two heavily tattooed arms wrapped around my waist from behind, causing my breath to hike and a small smile to take over my face. I turned around, still in Brian's arms and leaned up to place a small kiss on his jaw.

"You don't have to cook," he said breathlessly.

"We're all hungry..." I whispered back, my hands going to cup his cheeks.

Brian shook his head. "We could order in."

I began to shake my head but Brian leaned down and pressed his lips to mine, softly. I kissed him back more strongly, deepening the kiss, addicted to the feel of him against me.

Brian pulled away minutes later and then buried his face in my neck.

I took another deep breath to keep from melting to the floor. "What do you want to order?" I asked in defeat, knowing that there was no way I'd be able to focus long enough to make anything edible.

Brian pulled away from me with a smirk and leaned in quickly to place another kiss on my lips. "Does pizza sound good?" he asked, "My treat."

I groaned at his last comment and tried to pull away. "You don't have to pay for everything. I can buy myself some pizza!" I defended shoving Brian away playfully.

He chuckled and nodded, sliding his hand into the pocket of his gorgeous jeans. "Pizza it is." He pulled his cell phone out and dialed a number, putting the phone to his ear as it began to ring.

"You have a pizza place's number memorized?" I made fun of him and he growled playfully as well. I could see a twinge of something in his eyes.

"Speed dial, actually," he corrected, then began talking to the person on the other end of the phone. "What kind do you want?" he questioned me a minute later.

I grinned and leaned back against the island. "Pepperoni and green olives."

A smile grew on Brian's face, seeing as that was his favorite kind of pizza and I just adopted it a few years ago when I tried it after reading that he liked it, in an interview.

I walked out of the kitchen leaving Brian standing in the center with his phone to his ear. I walked over to the couch and took a seat next to Bronx. "Brian's ordering pizza." I told him with a smile, "Our favorite."

Bronx clapped his hands excitedly and shouted, "Yay!" He turned in his seat and peered through the entryway into the kitchen for a moment, before he dropped back down and turned his eyes back to the alien robots on the screen.

I looked up as Brian came walking out of the kitchen. He took a seat at my side and wrapped his arm over my shoulders, pulling me sightly into his side, my fingers tracing patterns on his jeans, just above his knee.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update number 2 for tonight.
I figured since I have a four day weekend I'd make the most out of it and update non-stop for you guys.
How does that sound?

By the way, how do you guys like the new background/banner?