Sequel: You Are Loved, Baby.

Shattered Secrets

22.

"Tell me about yourself," Brian said later that night after we had put Bronx to bed. We had laid on the couch with another movie playing in background, both of us reluctant for him to leave.

"What do you want to know?" I asked, glancing up at him. He laid with his back to the back of the couch and I laid in front of him facing the T.V with my own back against his warm chest. I could feel his heart beating and every time he breathed out it would roll over my neck and send goosebumps down my spine.

"Everything..." Brian sighed, pulling me closer against him.

"I'm 24," I started, "A single mom all of Bronx's life. My favorite color is purple. You're in my favorite band... What else do you want to know?" I questioned, quietly.

Brian shrugged. "Niss, I want to know everything you've ever thought," Brian spoke, saying my name in a way that could've made me addicted to the sound of his voice. I was in a calm state of shock that Brian liked me enough to listen to me talk about myself like I was something special and even more so that he was the one asking for the self-centered words.

"Well then," I joked, diverting my nervousness, "You'll be here for awhile."

Brian chuckled but nodded his head none the less. "I don't mind," he murmured against my ear.

I nodded to myself, figuring that I should just get this over with so that he'd know and I wouldn't have to explain in anymore, "I used to be addicted to a lot of things." I murmured, knowing that I had caught Brian off guard. But I didn't pause for him to comment. "I lived in L.A with my Mom, Dad and younger brother Juliann. I went to high school there but by then I didn't really care about much. I was just floating by so that I could get out, you know? And then I met Bronx's father. Back then he was everything I wanted in a guy. He was the cliche teenage bad boy and I was naive and temperamental. He asked me out, I said yes. We dated for two and a half years. But once I told him that I was pregnant he ignored me for a couple of days and then one day he called and told me that he was sorry and he couldn't do it."

Brian squeezed me for comfort and I nodded. I took a deep breath before I continued, "He just couldn't do it. I didn't tell my parents until they flat out asked me. I just broke into sobs and nodded. Everyone at school knew that it was CJ's but no one said anything, they just stared at me like I was the biggest slut in the world.

"But eventually school ended. By then I was already addicted to Avenged Sevenfold, completely. I had been listening to you guys since I was 14, so for about ten years now. I moved out here after high school. My mother still yells at me for running away back then, but I just took all my things from the dumpy apartment I had gotten when I was 18 and moved out here. I figured since you guys made good with yourselves that this would be a good place to raise Bronx." I shrugged at the end, my eyes drooping tiredly. I listened while Brian thought over all I had told him and then after a few silent moments he spoke.

"You're pretty amazing, Nissa," he murmured, fingers pressing a wispy strand of my hair between them, "I mean, raising a kid all by yourself at the age of 19. I wouldn't of been able to do it." I felt his weight as he rested his head on top of mine.

"I think it's like that for guys that haven't met their children. For women it's not so easy because you're with your child before he or she's even born. Women become mothers when they find out they're pregnant, men become fathers when they see their child for the first time. CJ never even saw Bronx so it was easy for him to walk away," I told Brian, wondering if Brian could of raised a kid, even now.

"I guess you're right," he agreed, "But I'm terrified that when I do have a kid that I'll fuck him up, you know? That somehow he'll be all messed up in the end," Brian told me his fingers drawing circles on my stomach.

I shrugged against him. "I think you'll be a great dad someday, Bri. I mean, you're good with Bronx."

I felt Brian press his lips to my cheek softly and I smiled to myself. Unfortunately Brian's phone began to ring from the coffee table. Brian groaned but didn't move to get it.

"Aren't you going to answer it?" I questioned, not opening my eyes or moving at all.

"Nah," Brian said, "It's not important."

"It could be your fiancee." I didn't want to say it, but I couldn't not say it.

Brian became really quiet and withdrew himself from me. He pulled his arm away from where it was wrapped around my waist. "You know about that?" he questioned, his tone quiet and almost embarrassed.

This time I opened my eyes and rolled over so that I was facing him. I nodded solemnly and Brian let out a disappointed sigh. "I just..." Brian stuttered, "I-"

I said something before he could freak out about it. "It's okay, Brian. I know. I wouldn't have kissed you earlier, but I'm selfish and I do like you. I like you a lot, but..." I sighed, the harsh reality bring down my spirits, "You're getting married soon, I don't want to ruin that for you." Brian's cell phone stopped ringing and the room was engulfed in silence as he contemplated my words.

Brian pulled me to him, so that I was laying partially underneath him. One of his legs was between both of mine and his right hand with holding up his body weight on the other side of my head. Brian stared down at me, his chocolate brown eyes lighter that I had seen them, yet. He leaned down slowly, his eyes never leaving mine as he gaged my reaction. I didn't stop him and soon enough his lips were on mine. I reached up and tangled my fingers in his fallen hair, flattened by time and laying on the couch. I pulled his face to me, deepening the kiss as he bit my lip and I let his tongue slip into my mouth.

I moved my hands to his jaw, the slight scruff on his face soft under my fingers. I cupped my hands around his neck as he leaned down to place kisses on my own. I moaned slightly when he bit me. He looked up at me with a smirk and continued to assault my neck. I gasped when he pulled away and looked me straight in the eyes, that infamous smirk on his face driving me crazy.

"I don't want to let you go, Nissa," he stated, pulling me closer to him for effect, "I don't want anyone but me looking at you," he continued, "touching you." He slipped his hand under my t'shirt ran it up my side, making me shiver. "And most of all," he added, a dark lust in his eyes, "I don't want anyone kissing you." He leaned down and pushed his lips onto mine firmly, making me wince when our teeth clashed together. This time he didn't ask for entry he just pushed his tongue onto my mouth and ran it over my teeth, making me shiver from underneath him.

Bats erupted in my stomach as both of his hands slid my shirt up, revealing my dark purple bra. Brian pulled away for just a moment so he could pull my shirt over my head. But he smirked even more as he noticed my choice in color. I shrugged and pulled him back to me, reconnecting our lips. Brian's hand stopped at the curve of my breast and I nodded. I moaned at the warmth of his hand. I put my hands on Brian's abdomen, running them up his stomach, underneath his shirt. I tugged his shirt upwards roughly and Brian chuckled before pulling away so that I could pull the piece of clothing off of his torso.

We continued on like that for a few moments before I found my conscious and pulled away so that his lips were hovering over mine by centimeters. I could feel his breath on my face, it was begging me to forget my words.

"This is wrong, Brian," I murmured, leaning up to place a chaste kiss on his lips.

"Mm," he agreed during the kiss, "I know," he said after we'd pulled away, "But I don't care."

I shook my head, my thoughts lost to him. "Then neither do I."

I sat up so that Brian would have no choice but to shuffle so that he wasn't on top of me anymore. He sent me a confused look as I stood up from the couch. I smiled, stuck my hand out towards him and diverted my eyes towards the stairs.

He took my hand with an eager smirk.
♠ ♠ ♠
I told you guys that I'd be updating non-stop. Even at 4:28 in the morning.

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to write the sex scene or skip over it...

But I bet that you guys didn't see this coming. :D
What do you think?
(Comment or I won't update. I'm tired of getting one comment every chapter, lately. So... comment.)