Sequel: You Are Loved, Baby.

Shattered Secrets

24.

Usually, waking up after a night like that, when you haven't been drinking, is a fairly pleasant thing. To roll over and feel someone else's warmth engulfing you, their arms pulling you tighter against them like they never want to let you go.

But that's not how I woke up. I awoke to my alarm blaring right beside my bed. I groaned and rolled over, slightly shocked when I felt another body in my bed. I peaked my eyes open to see Brian waking up, peaceful looking even though the arm was just barely a foot from his head. I leaned on him so that I could reach the alarm clock and he let out a groan before he wrapped his arms around me.

I giggled at him. He kept his eyes closed but a smile took over his face as he pulled me flush against his chest. "Bri... I have to get ready for work," I cooed, running my fingers through his wild hair.

"Mm, no you don't. Take a day off," he told me, rolling over so that his head was on my bare chest instead of the other way around.

I snorted unattractively and pushed him slightly so that he wasn't on top of me. I rolled out of the bed, shivering when I felt the cold October air hit my nude body. "In that case, who's going to take Bronx to school?" I asked, smiling at Brian as he pulled the blankets up around him and attempted to go back to sleep.

"Nobody," Brian said although it was muffled by the pillow, "He can stay home too."

I laughed loudly and shook my head. "I wish it was that easy. I need to make money and Bronx needs to learn stuff. So get up, Bri baby!" I told him, walking over and pulling the blankets off of him. He groaned and sat up, looking at me with a small smile.

"Only if I can have a kiss," Brian murmured, rubbing his eyes lazily. I rolled my own eyes and leaned in to place a kiss on his lips. I buried my fingers in the hair behind his eyes and pulled his face closer to my own. I was standing at the end of the bed and Brian was sitting there so I had to lean down to kiss him. But after a moment I pulled away.

"Sorry Bri," I chuckled when he groaned, "But I need to get my son up and shower for work."

Brian sent me a smirk and sat up on his elbows. "Can I join you?"

This time I tried to hold in my laughter, knowing that he was being completely serious. "Sorry. What would we tell Bronx?"

Brian shrugged but gave up on the idea anyways. I gathered a few things from my room before I walked across the hall, in just his t'shirt, and into the bathroom.

My shower was quick as I reluctantly washed the enticing smell of Brian off of me and replaced it with green apple shampoo. I shaved and all that before I got out, wiping the fog off of the mirror so that I could see myself. I stared at myself in the mirror, my dirty blonde hair fell in waved around my heart shaped face. My brown eyes stared back at me like puddles of mud and my lips were red and slightly swollen from the nights activities.

I wrapped my light blue towel around my body and walked out into the cold air, shrinking back. When I got into the hallway I could hear Brian's cell phone ringing from the living room. I entered my room and Brian stood in the middle of the room, fastening his best around his narrow waist. When I entered he looked up and smiled at me before continuing. His black shirt was back on his body, covering his tattoos. His sleeves were pushed up to underneath his elbows, revealing the elaborate pictures on his forearms. I smiled back at him.

I wandered over to my dresser and pulled black panties and a black bra out. I let the towel drop and I pulled the underwear on and then put my bra on and clipped it. Brian's arms wrapped around me. One around my shoulders and the other around my bare waist. I smiled slightly. "Bri..."

He chuckled breathlessly in my ear, his warm breath hitting my neck. "You should stop teasing me," he told me, placing kissed down my neck and onto my shoulder.

I bit my lip and rested my head on his left shoulder. "Ugh," I groaned, reaching up and tangling my fingers in his hair. "Bri baby," I murmured, "I have to get ready for work..."

After another moment Brian pulled away. "Fine," he said, and pouted. I giggled at him, at the cute look on his face.

"Your phone was ringing," I told him while I pulled a pair of slacks on and buttoned up the black blouse. I pulled my white vest on over that as Brian nodded and left the room to go find his cell.

I went to go get Bronx up for school. He was sound asleep in his bed, his face buried in his pillows. So much that I wondered how he didn't suffocate in his sleep. I took a seat by his bed and shook him. He mumbled something that I wasn't able to comprehend and rolled over, glaring up at me.

"Time for school!" I said cheerfully, tickling his sides.

His glare diminished as he began to laugh uncontrollably. "Okay, Mommy!" he murmured, "I'm awake!"

I smiled at him. "Good, because you need a bath."

Bronx nodded and hopped out of bed. I followed him to the bathroom and when we got near I could hear Brian downstairs talking on the phone, more like shouting quietly.

"Mommy? Why is Brian still here?" Bronx asked, looking up at me as I shuffled him into the bathroom and shut the door behind us.

I ignored Bronx as I helped him undress and started the bath water.

"Mommy!" Bronx finally shouted after he had been asking me for a minutes straight.

"No reason baby. He just fell asleep on the couch last night," I told Bronx, not making eye contact as I lifted him into the tub and doused him in water, "We wanted to wait up for a movie marathon on TV, but we didn't make it."

"Then why's he yelling?" Bronx asked as I ran shampoo through his hair.

I shrugged. "He forgot to tell his mommy where he was." I grinned when Bronx laughed.

I finished getting Bronx ready. We brushed our teeth, did our hair and Bronx sat on the bathroom counter while I did my makeup. "Mommy. Are you going to fall in love with Greg when you see him again?" Bronx asked me, curiously like any little boy would.

I shook my head. "No."

"Why not?" Bronx asked, playing with the BumbleBee transformer he had in his hand.

I shrugged and continued to put on eyeliner. "Because I just don't love Greg anymore, babes."

Bronx made the shape of an 'O' with his mouth. "Do you love Brian now?"

I coughed a little bit but then I shook my head, hoping his age would keep him oblivious enough to believe me. "Brian's a friend," I said, meeting his eyes in the mirror.

"But you kissed him, Mommy."

"Brian is getting married soon, Bronx," I answered, trying to keep my voice level, but hoping that my words would end his insistent questioning. He was too young to be so involved and I didn't want to have to answer him or myself.

Bronx shook his head, confused still, and stood up. He stood next to me at the counter and met my eyes though my mirror. "But you love him, Mommy," he said, little expression saying more about me that I thought he knew. I just swallowed and pulled my gazed from his.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Chapter 24.
It seems a little short to me, but I figured that'd be a good place to end this one. :P

Comments?
I'd like to get a few for this one.

Oh, I'm pretty sure you noticed that I changed the name of this story and the layout. I'm like in love with it now. :D